The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds 88-98

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-04-2017, 12:58 PM   #1
88 Dippy

new to me an old work horse 96 C1500 W/T

been looking for a truck for a wile now. always lived the gmt400 had one at my last job as a plow a 99 GMC 2500. grandpa also had 3 a 88, 93, and a 95 all silverado 1500 4x4s with manual case and all maroon with burgundy interior and capthe truck is base (being a W/T is sort of a given)

only option this truck has is the 4l60 auto other then that no boxes where checked

there is no cruise, no a/c, rubber floor mat, manual locks, manual windows, and the column does not even tilt

not 100% what my plans are yet but have no options at all doing a LS or vortec small block would be pretty easy. i have a 95 305 roller that can be easily converted to vortec. or just get a 4.8/5.3

the body is not bad at all truck mostly lived in a field never saw salt of winter but did see manure

the worse is this door edge being folded in

and some rust on the cab corners and the pass lower fender

https://www.bangshift.com/forum/file...6286&type=full

the 4.3 seems to be running a bit rich so going to pop the upper off and see what the spider is doing and possibly get a new revised one form a later truck with the MPFI injectors that sit under the intake

and came with 4 newer tires and 2 chrome SS sport rims may try and find 2 more of them or just sell these depending on how expensive they go for

to get it going need to replace brake lines. going to redo the brake system with a NBS master, new booster and lines with a ABS delete (does not work any way) and rear discs i have sitting around for a 4th gen 4-body 12" need to make sure they will clear 15's first though if not will get some S10 discs. and at the same time sense axles have to come out get a limited slip of some type in there. will keep the stock gears as the truck is 3.42

what i know for sure this truck is getting is i am going to back date the front end with the 88/89 silverado grill in black and quad sealed beams.

then i am going to swap in a 88/89 interior. truck needs a radio any way and it's just the base heater controls. hardest part will be gauge wiring but i rewired a whole car before so no big deal

and lower it have drop spindles i think lined up with 2" drop springs then flip the rear axle with lift shackles so it has a bit of a rake to it

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT: 3.8L supercharged, 9.2:1 comprestion, ZZP XP cam, home made intake, 2 1/2" exhuast, 10psi of boost
88 Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 11:08 PM   #2
diveplane

Re: new to me an old work horse 96 C1500 W/T

good luck with your project these are great little trucks cant beat them, same as mine yours, i just got mine repainted.

trucks turned out immaculate ..
diveplane is offline   Reply With Quote