The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-01-2001, 06:47 PM   #1
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

Post 77 snb 3/4 drop

Looking at the Chassis Tech 3"/4" for a 1977 snb. Has anyone used their spindles and shackle kit. The phone people are simply order takers...no help at all. Will I have to realign the front end? Will I have to replace the shocks and why if they don't bottom out? Can this be done without new front springs and will I get the same ride? The truck leans a little to the right side now so I am guessing new springs are in order anyway.
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 10:55 AM   #2
Z16

We used their spindles on a 72. While they did work, it took some grinding to make them fit good. We used drop leafs for the back and it took them three tries to get the right ones. We have also used their shackle and hanger kit for a 88-98 and that worked out OK, but wasn't great quality. My opinion is to spend the extra money and buy Bell Tech or DJM. Much better quality. If you are on a budget, AIM (Chassis Tech)products work, but everything I have ever used of theirs did require some modification to work. You don't need to replace front shocks with spindles and up to a 2" coil drop. Any more then a 2" coil drop requires new shocks. In the back, you will need new shocks (or shock relocaters if you can find them) for any drop more then 2". And yes you will need to re-align after any work to the front suspension. Cheap on one of these trucks though. You could use a 3" drop spring, but then you would have to buy new shocks, so your cost is about the same and spindles give a much better ride. Don't cut coils, as it's too much of a drop for that.

------------------
98 GMC Sierra Ex Cab, cowl hood, Euro lenses, billet grille, cat-back exhaust. Airbags, 18's, and engine mods in the spring. Looking for the right 71-72 GMC short/fleet

98 GMC Sierra Ex Cab, cowl hood, Euro LED lights, 30 bar billet, Whipple Supercharged 350 Vortec: Forged flattops, E-Tec aluminum heads, Comp Cam, Scat crank and rods, Granatelli Mass air flow, Headers, Flowmaster exhaust , Complete MSD Ignition, Custom Tuning, intake spacer , ported throttle body, AC Delco port injection upgrade, Roller Rockers, Power Pulleys. Gear Vendors Overdrive. Soon to hit a dyno. 2/4 drop(for now).

95 Chevy S-10 Ex Cab 4.3 5 Speed 2/3 drop, Euro lights, billet grill, More to come. The Daily Driver
Z16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 07:38 PM   #3
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

Z16, Thanks, that was very helpful. I will get the spindles for the front and investigate the rear some more. I just found out that the local spring mfg. will dearch up to 2-2.5 inch but no more. That means I still have to do hangers and shackles.
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote