The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-25-2001, 09:40 PM   #1
Timbo's350

Post Widest Low pro tire

I'm asking this question way in advance but eventually I'm gonna have a Ram Jet 502 in my 90 & was just curious who made the widest low pro tire that would fit on an 18" rim? maybe something like a 355/45? if there is such a thing

------------------
90 GMC Sierra SWB... TBI 350 w/ 700R4 (4L60) 100k mi. Flowtech Shorty Headers, Jet chip, Flows (Dualed at the corners of the fender), K&N Aircharger, Bosch Plat. +4 plugs & wires

2 RF 10" HE2 subs & RF 250a2 amp.... Kenwood 4x6s in dash & columns, Pioneer CD

Gray w/ a fat red stripe on either side, 16x8s w/ 255/70/15 Goodyear Wingfoot, Billet Grill...
(Soon to be dropped 4/6 rollin on 255/55s at the corners, Chrome teardrop front bumper, Clear headlights, signals, & corners, phantom grill Cervinis Ram Air Hood, Sir Michael's Roll Pan, sport mirrors, caddy tails, shaved trim & emblems, tailgate handle,& doors)Haven't though of a color to paint it yet but I was thinking a blue or orange pearl w/ either racing stripes or ghost flames

"Beer, Boobs, or Booty... Nobody rides free"- A friend of mine

My Truck has only 2 speeds:
Reverse &
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!
-My 10 yr. old bro-

F*CK THOSE PU*SY TERRORISTS
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Gray w/ a fat red stripe on either side, 16x8s w/ 255/70/15 Goodyear Wingfoot, Billet Grill...
(Soon to be dropped 4/6 rollin on 255/55s at the corners, Chrome teardrop front bumper, Clear headlights, signals, & corners, phantom grill Cervinis Ram Air Hood, Sir Michael's Roll Pan, sport mirrors, caddy tails, shaved trim & emblems, tailgate handle,& doors)Haven't though of a color to paint it yet but I was thinking a blue or orange pearl w/ either racing stripes or ghost flames

Reverse &
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!
-My 10 yr. old bro-

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Timbo's350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 11:19 AM   #2
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

Eventually I'm going to have a 502 Ramjet, right after I pay off the Lamborgini. Hehe, sorry, I couldn't resist. Check around some of the tire websites. Also, I've had good luck with asking around the tire shops. Most of the guys that have been around a while will know exactly what your looking for. Also, look trough some "Truckin" magazines.

[This message has been edited by Randy70C-10 (edited 10-26-2001).]
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 11:48 AM   #3
Z16

Goddyear, BFG, Michelin, Hoosier, and Pirelli all make a 335 in a 30 and some in a 35 series. Check www.tirerack.com to help find available sizes. And then stand back and watch your tire guy swear at you while he's mounting those 30 series. LMAO it's great to watch.
98 GMC Sierra Ex Cab, cowl hood, Euro LED lights, 30 bar billet, Whipple Supercharged 350 Vortec: Forged flattops, E-Tec aluminum heads, Comp Cam, Scat crank and rods, Granatelli Mass air flow, Headers, Flowmaster exhaust , Complete MSD Ignition, Custom Tuning, intake spacer , ported throttle body, AC Delco port injection upgrade, Roller Rockers, Power Pulleys. Gear Vendors Overdrive. Soon to hit a dyno. 2/4 drop(for now).

95 Chevy S-10 Ex Cab 4.3 5 Speed 2/3 drop, Euro lights, billet grill, More to come. The Daily Driver
Z16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 08:56 AM   #4
SCOTI

BFGOODRICH MAKES A COMP T/A IN A 295-45-18. IT LOOKS PRETTY MEATY ON A 10" WHEEL & IS APPROX 28.25" TALL. THE 30-40 ASPECT RATIO ARE TOO SHORT FOR TRUCKS IMO(UNLESS ITS THE 295-40-20 WHICH IS JUST BARELY TALL ENOUGH.)
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 11:35 PM   #5
Timbo's350

BF Goodrich also makes a Sport Truck tire that comes as wide as 345/55/17....

------------------
90 GMC Sierra SWB... TBI 350 w/ 700R4 (4L60) 100k mi. Flowtech Shorty Headers, Jet chip, Flows (Dualed at the corners of the fender), K&N Aircharger, Bosch Plat. +4 plugs & wires

Reverse &
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!
-My 10 yr. old bro-

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Reverse &
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!
-My 10 yr. old bro-

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Timbo's350 is offline   Reply With Quote