The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-03-2015, 02:57 PM   #1
cleszkie

BeCool Radiators - Got Some Good Customer Support

Here's the story - I bought an aluminum two-row cross-flow radiator from BeCool about ten years ago for my Blazer. It was spendy, cost me over $500 bones at the time, but it worked really good (rated to cool up to 1000hp with electric fans). It lived up to the claims by cooling my engine an additional 20 degrees over the brass/copper 4-core unit I was running. Anyways, ten years down the road and it had developed two leaks in the upper corners between the side tanks and the core. Probably caused by movement/vibration of the radiator in the mounting cradles. I was told by my reputable radiator shop that it couldn't be permanently repaired, only epoxied which would probably crack over time. So I contacted the tech support at BeCool and explained my situation, mentioning how happy I was with the radiator and that the failure was probably my fault, and they agreed that it couldn't be permanently fixed. However, the dude did me a real solid. He offered me a customer discount on a replacement unit. I ended up paying $400 on a new radiator that goes for $650 through Summit Racing before shipping. Still a lot of money, but a great deal in my opinion. I thought that was a real nice gesture by the BeCool tech. Now I just need to mount this one so it is more isolated from vibration!
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote