The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
ckcp

Full On Kustom 70 GMC

i am kind of new to this forum. i am tearing down my truck for a few more finishing touches and paint. for the full build you can check it out here http://c10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8227

here is the truck as i drove it last

and now i have started the disassembly process

ckcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:33 AM   #2
khan1369

Re: Full On Kustom 70 GMC

Your seat and door panels are almost exactly what I dreamed up for mine. I guess I am not very original. hehe. I love it.

My Truck..
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=567219
khan1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
ckcp

well they will be going away to make way for black and orange tuck and roll but they where grate for the time being and i got them from mexicanblankets.com thay are very well priced and i just tucked folded and then hogringed them i place it only took about an hour or so to do
Old 11-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #4
low&slow
Account Suspended

Man that is just one sick a$$ truck. Just about everything you've done is close to my plans for my truck. Chop, custom core support, bed cover, windshield wipers/cowl, cowl hood, smoothed tailgate and welded to the bed itself, and the list goes on.

On the other site you mentioned that the chop was 5 inches in the back and 8 inches in the front, where did you make the cut on the back of the cab and on the pillars? Or where were the cuts made I should ask since you got it that way?

Also, how wide is your cowl induction on the hood?
I have been planning on using my own hood as well as for it will be cheaper and the money for a new hood can be spent else where. Not only that, but I have an idea drawn up for how I want it to look and no one offers anything close to what I want. As for my own hood, I have a ton of different widths and I'm not sure which to choose. Hopefully your measurements can help me out a bit.

As for all that, see you're located in Evanston, Wy. Hope you plan on staying their for a while. I'll be moving out their in hopefully no more than 3 yrs with my fiance and all my projects. '69 c10 lwb, '38 ford pick-up, '34 dodge sedan deluxe, and hopefully here soon a '69 c10 and a '33 chevy pick-up.

Anyways hope to hear back from you and keep up the killer fab skills. Someday I'll be that good lol.
low&slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #5
quick60

Dude awsome truck!!!!! "Full On Kustom" is an understatement!!!

As radical as that is, and Im not into that style personally, you have nailed a great design concept there but I have to ask though whats up with the paint sprayer shift knob? Thats the only thing I see that makes me say "huh"?

The steering wheel is cool what is that off of? Again Great Truck!!!
quick60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #6
ckcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by low&slow View Post
Man that is just one sick a$$ truck. Just about everything you've done is close to my plans for my truck. Chop, custom core support, bed cover, windshield wipers/cowl, cowl hood, smoothed tailgate and welded to the bed itself, and the list goes on.

On the other site you mentioned that the chop was 5 inches in the back and 8 inches in the front, where did you make the cut on the back of the cab and on the pillars? Or where were the cuts made I should ask since you got it that way?

Also, how wide is your cowl induction on the hood?
I have been planning on using my own hood as well as for it will be cheaper and the money for a new hood can be spent else where. Not only that, but I have an idea drawn up for how I want it to look and no one offers anything close to what I want. As for my own hood, I have a ton of different widths and I'm not sure which to choose. Hopefully your measurements can help me out a bit.

As for all that, see you're located in Evanston, Wy. Hope you plan on staying their for a while. I'll be moving out their in hopefully no more than 3 yrs with my fiance and all my projects. '69 c10 lwb, '38 ford pick-up, '34 dodge sedan deluxe, and hopefully here soon a '69 c10 and a '33 chevy pick-up.

Anyways hope to hear back from you and keep up the killer fab skills. Someday I'll be that good lol.
first off thank you and i will get you some messurements when i get a chance if i remember the cowl hood is 13 inches from the center body line in the hood out to each rolled edge of my cowl induction at the reat of the hood folowing the same narrowing of the bodyline around the edge of the hood if that makes sence what i am trying to say also it is 3 inches high and had the same shape and angle as the hood bodyline from the crisp edge to the rolled softer edge its just hard to tell in the pictures. as for the chop when i boght the truck the guy i got it from said it was a 3 inch chop all the way around and when i got the truck back from media blast i saw just how bad and unsafe the chop was so i bought a doner roof and went to town making it my way here is the before and where i made my cuts sorry this is all the picks i hav of it i started this truck 7 almost 8 years ago and never thought it would turn into what it is today. also what is bringing you to wyoming/evanston area

also have you ever done a chop before and if you have more questions i am more than happy to answer them
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick60 View Post
Dude awsome truck!!!!! "Full On Kustom" is an understatement!!!

As radical as that is, and Im not into that style personally, you have nailed a great design concept there but I have to ask though whats up with the paint sprayer shift knob? Thats the only thing I see that makes me say "huh"?

The steering wheel is cool what is that off of? Again Great Truck!!!
thank you and the shifter will make more sense when i get the truck painted i also did it because i have never seen anything like it before what i hope to do with this truck is advertise what i can do i got started in the custom car and truck world with an airbrush i do alot of custom paint on the side from my day job which i hope to one day soon make my full time job owning my own shop Crazy Kids Crazy Paint & Customs so the shifter will fit more of the theme when i am done and the steering wheel is a 56 bel air 15 inch replica
Old 11-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #7
low&slow
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcp View Post
first off thank you and i will get you some messurements when i get a chance if i remember the cowl hood is 13 inches from the center body line in the hood out to each rolled edge of my cowl induction at the reat of the hood folowing the same narrowing of the bodyline around the edge of the hood if that makes sence what i am trying to say also it is 3 inches high and had the same shape and angle as the hood bodyline from the crisp edge to the rolled softer edge its just hard to tell in the pictures. as for the chop when i boght the truck the guy i got it from said it was a 3 inch chop all the way around and when i got the truck back from media blast i saw just how bad and unsafe the chop was so i bought a doner roof and went to town making it my way here is the before and where i made my cuts sorry this is all the picks i hav of it i started this truck 7 almost 8 years ago and never thought it would turn into what it is today. also what is bringing you to wyoming/evanston area
Let me know if I have this all wrong, but are you saying for the cowl it's wider in the rear than in the front to follow the body line?

Now for the chop you got me confused. That looks to be way more than just a 3 inch chop all the way around especially with the slight rake it has to the roof.

The pics are just fine for me. I get the idea for as to where you cut.

As for doing a chop myself, no I've never done it. I've watched people first hand do a chop and took plenty of notes and I got it all figured out on how to brace it, where to brace it, how to do the cuts, how to widen and lengthen the roof and so fourth.

Now for moving out to WY, my fiance grew up in Kemmerer and I had met her here in Idaho shortly after her parents had split up. Long story short, she likes her dads side of the family more than her moms side of the family and wants to move back to her home state to feel more at home. As for location in WY, I personally chose Evanston over Kemmerer because I've been all throughout WY and all the other states and Kemmerer is just to small for me. I look at is as job opportunities. There's a lot more in Evanston not only for jobs, but for everything else as well than what there is to offer in Kemmerer. My fiance and I will hopefully be taking a vacation this summer to Evanston to look for houses and such fourth as well as Kemmerer to meet her dads side of the family and so she can visit with them.

Anyways, thanks for the replies. Look forward to hearing back from you.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #8
ckcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by low&slow View Post
Let me know if I have this all wrong, but are you saying for the cowl it's wider in the rear than in the front to follow the body line?

Now for the chop you got me confused. That looks to be way more than just a 3 inch chop all the way around especially with the slight rake it has to the roof.

The pics are just fine for me. I get the idea for as to where you cut.

As for doing a chop myself, no I've never done it. I've watched people first hand do a chop and took plenty of notes and I got it all figured out on how to brace it, where to brace it, how to do the cuts, how to widen and lengthen the roof and so fourth.

Now for moving out to WY, my fiance grew up in Kemmerer and I had met her here in Idaho shortly after her parents had split up. Long story short, she likes her dads side of the family more than her moms side of the family and wants to move back to her home state to feel more at home. As for location in WY, I personally chose Evanston over Kemmerer because I've been all throughout WY and all the other states and Kemmerer is just to small for me. I look at is as job opportunities. There's a lot more in Evanston not only for jobs, but for everything else as well than what there is to offer in Kemmerer. My fiance and I will hopefully be taking a vacation this summer to Evanston to look for houses and such fourth as well as Kemmerer to meet her dads side of the family and so she can visit with them.

Anyways, thanks for the replies. Look forward to hearing back from you.
yes the cowl is wider in the rear than the front

and as for the chop it was a 3 inch chop the day i got it i sent it to media blast and when i got it back from media blast the chop that was done be previous owner was so bad and unsafe so i cut the roof off found a new roof and that one is 8 inches in the frount and 5 inches in the rear

as for evanston wyoming as of right now there are alot of houses for sale atleast one on every street now for jobs that is a different story if your transfering with the company you already work for you will be fine but other than that not much work that pays will where you have a few yours that could change. there is more here than kemmerer but thats not realy saying much
Old 11-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #9
hick

Thank you for keeping it a long box!!
Old 11-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #10
ckcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hick View Post
Thank you for keeping it a long box!!
but i didn't sorry it is a short box now the chop just makes it look long but yes it was when i bought it but not now
Old 03-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #11
ckcp

ok i made some progress i made some core support covers i now have a fan shroud and did lots of sanding

Old 03-27-2014, 08:32 PM   #12
ckcp

got the rear window regulator mounts made finished up my final blocking and primed it one last time now onto wet sanding

Old 04-26-2014, 09:04 AM   #13
ckcp

just a small preview of what's to come

Old 04-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #14
808_67C10

Wow... That is crazy! Love the interior.... Just like mine! Can't wait to see what's to come!
67 C/10 SOLD http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489298
79 K5 Blazer SOLD http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=657461
808_67C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:51 AM   #15
ckcp

Thanks and soon there will be more progress pics
Old 05-01-2014, 07:42 AM   #16
ckcp

it is all black flake now time for more sanding

Old 05-01-2014, 11:14 AM   #17
mcbassin
Still Learning

Wow! crazy fab skills! Very imaginative and creative concept.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:06 PM   #18
ckcp

Thanks
Old 05-11-2014, 02:34 PM   #19
ckcp

more sanding done

and more clear and sketch style pinstriping still need to cut and buff

Old 05-11-2014, 02:58 PM   #20
808_67C10

SICK! I love the pin stripe work! Amazing.....
67 C/10 SOLD http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489298
79 K5 Blazer SOLD http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=657461
808_67C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #21
mcbassin
Still Learning

Wow! Lots of work. Killer progress
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:05 PM   #22
ckcp

thanks guys
Old 05-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #23
ckcp

I got some more done on my truck I actually got the truck cleared but did not take a pic of it I will take more tomorrow

and my son helped me out and learned a little about striping

Old 05-22-2014, 09:09 PM   #24
low&slow
Account Suspended

Man your truck has come a long ways and boy does it look great. I hope by the time I move out to Wyoming, I can stop by and check it out.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:19 PM   #25
hopped up

You have done some great work on your truck. I wouldn't do all of them but they're well done. Best looking chop I've seen on a c10. Most of the chops aren't don't very well. Looking forwarspd to seeing it all buffed out so that flake really pops!
hopped up is offline   Reply With Quote