The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-20-2015, 01:51 PM   #76
ckcp

Re: Full On Kustom 70 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CURSED GEARS View Post
You would make a cool neighbor.
Your truck looks like it would bite off fingers!
Love the picture of you pinstriping while your child looks on so intensely.
The picture of your truck at a show in bare metal was awesome!
Oh, and last but not least, you made your own cowl induction hood. How neat is that?
thanks man i appreciate it and not too many of my neighbors don't like me i don't think the are more about gardening and i always have something cut up making noise and what not
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Another thread I missed ... I really like the exhaust exits, never would have thought of something like this. Nicely done all the way around.
thanks i just kind of do my own thing and like things that have not been done before
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
I have several questions about the bed cover... what did you do about hinges?... how do you open it with the Tailgate being fixed solid... What kind of seal did you use to seal the cover so it doesn't leak...

Any help you can provide would be appreciated...

Thanks...

Dan
the hinges are the factory ones from the hood i took the springs off and used the strongest gas struts i could get as it is all steal and very heavy as for how i open it the license plate is hinged and releases the cover and and have avs door spring poppers to pop it up so i can get my hands under it to lift it. it does not seal the bed floor is all open i do have plans to finish it someday down the road it just rests on an L channel if i could have done it over i would make it seal and would have done something similar to a 50's car with a u shaped channel and weather strip to seal it and also direct the water to a spot to drain
ckcp is offline   Reply With Quote