The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-26-2004, 01:35 AM   #1
stepside454

fatman front end

Ive been lookin at the fatman MustangII kit for my truck. Anyone here use it ? how difficult is it to remov emy front steering & suspension & replace with the fatman kit ?
Im thinking about using the coilover set up.
do you use the existing steering column & powersteering pump?
If you have this kit are you happy with it ? John
Old 02-26-2004, 05:49 AM   #2
68LSS1

John, I got the Stage III kit (polished/tubular A-arms and coilovers). My truck is not on the road and won't be for a while. The Stage III requires welding some gussets on the back side of the crossmember for the a-arms but I don't think with the Stage I or II that is necessary. As far as the power steering I'm using the stock LS1 power steering pump and will be running a hydraboost set up also. You can get a fitting from Detriot Speed and Engineering , part #091401 for $18.00 to reduce flow while maintaining correct pressure on Mustang II racks when using GM pumps. Check on the review board as there is another member here (67dragtruck I think) that pushed this set up pretty hard and liked it. Also if you do decide to get one give Ed @ Mothertruckers a call (941 755 1272) as he is a authorized dealer and may be able to save you some $$

Edited for: See if they will sell one minus brakes. I got BAER brakes for mine so I have the new rotors, calipers, pads etc. that came with the kit.

Last edited by 68LSS1; 02-26-2004 at 05:52 AM.
68LSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote