The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-17-2003, 02:31 PM   #26
useRc10

i have these on my truck and think they are well worth the highest price you hav ever asked for...i also kno wthat your gaurantee is great as i had a problem with one and you replaced it quickly...i'll be back to get more for my blazer when that time comes...
-Nick
-dads '70 burb (red, 5-7 drop, 350...)

www.geocities.com/userc10/truckhome.html
AIM: Auntjoedadda
useRc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 03:34 PM   #27
hjalbert
cracker

I have one question, are these DOT approved?

Harry John Albert III
located in Phoenix, AZ
1972 GMC JIMMY,
1969 lwb Chevy Frame,
1999 bmw k1200 ltc
1992 Kawasaki concours
1991 bmw k75
1973 cortez motorhome
hjalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 03:55 PM   #28
Reumster
L.E.D. Freak

DOT approved? In a way yes. The LEDs we use are DOT approved wavelength. The lense is the piece that must be DOT approved. Regular bulbs don't say on the package that they're DOT approved to my knowledge. I have many different bulbs in front of me none stating they are DOT approved. I'm sure that its just the Lense that has to be DOT approved.
(406)675-8082
or Joel @ jmcwaters@eps-corp.net

1972 2wd Blazer, 350/700R4/3:73 posi, err & Custom L.E.D. inserts! LOL
Reumster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 05:21 PM   #29
useRc10

in va, its the lense that has to be approved but the cops i've talked to said as long as it lights up red its ok
-dads '70 burb (red, 5-7 drop, 350...)

www.geocities.com/userc10/truckhome.html
AIM: Auntjoedadda
useRc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 05:24 PM   #30
PHOENIX

Sounds good to me, but what about the expected price of the 73-87's?
Old 02-18-2003, 02:11 AM   #31
sano_surfer

the law states that the taillight has to have a red reflective characteristic. so as long as you are running red lenses you are ok but if you are running the clear lenses then you are running the risk of getting pupped during the daytime. hope that everyone that has the led inserts likes them as mich as i do
sano_surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 02:36 AM   #32
Dropped67step
Gearhead since birth

Thumbs up

Well all I have to say about these guys is that they will go out of there way to make it right. I ordered a set of theses lights off of there web site and it was about a week later that i emailed them and asked how long it took for them to be shipped They emailed me back saying that they had some things come up and that they were running behind on getting them out but they would next-day mine so that I would get them asap. And they did. I have orderd things from other places and never got them to reply to my emails or even talk to me on the phone once they got my money it was like oh well the part will get there when they get there. So I think we should all lay off alittle bit they are just starting this company and had to get a few things worked out and now they have. This is just my two cents take it or leave it Thanks B.
Dropped67step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 11:56 AM   #33
Jmac05
L.E.D. Tail lights, Baby!

___Dropped67step, useRc10, 1971short4X4, BUXMAN66, these guy are all previous customers, and I am very grateful for their input. We did have some issues with some of their boards, as I wasn't able to test them all before we shipped them. We took care of them right away. That's what we've been about since we started, regardless of price. The price is now stable, and so is our little company. I am about making customers happy, and so is Ryan.
___ PHOENIX, Tough to say right now. I have the prototypes done, but I need to test them. A neighbor has a test vehilce, and I expect to have them tested by the end of the week as well as designed, and ready to go to the board fabricator. The biggest determining factors are board size, and number of LEDs. Its actually funny that Ryan and I kind of disagree at that point. Ryan wants more and more lights. Yes, they look cooler the more leds on the board, but, price goes up. I am trying to find a good balance, so that price stays low, but I can make a product that will turn heads. Once we have a finalized price, I will post it on this board as well as the other ones.
___Another thing I am planning on having a small booth at the upcomming Pomona swap meet and cars show March 2nd.
If interested, visit:
www.earlyclassic.com
or our website:
www.jmcled.com
All 67-72 GM Taillights are on sale untill 5 p.m. on Dec
15th, with Guaranteed Christmas delivery!

joel.mcwaters@jmcled.com
Jmac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 03:21 PM   #34
PHOENIX

Your gonna get alot of business with your product. You need to start stocking the lights of different years that you make. I know it will cost you alot out of pocket, but do it. Then contact Jeg's and Summit plus a few other mail order catalog and start the business. You will be turning a pretty penny in now time.