The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2016, 03:45 PM   #1
gokellurself

Kell's Two Cents - 1946 build

Edit: I refuse to let Photobucket win and am beginning the process of updating the photos associated with this thread. I'll do my best to get the correct ones on, but in any case please enjoy

What's up world

Well I've been hanging out lurking on this site for about a year now and figured I would finally put my two cents up and add a build thread. There is some real skill on this site! This is my first build and am learning a lot as I go, so I come on this site for info and ideas for the build. Chizzler's build is obviously incredible, paint man is far more meticulous than the bulk of us, and there are awesome builds on the 47-55 side. My thread will show that a regular guy with a welder and a grinder can still get a build done!

Anyways, let's get into it! I was already working on a '46 and I wasn't liking the direction it was going in. It wasn't very complete, somebody had black primered over what was left of the patina, and I was losing enthusiasm over my truck choice. That's when I came across these photos on Craigslist.

Northern California farm find, guy said it had been sitting up there 15-20 years. Totally complete and untouched with an incredible patina to go with it. I drove up the same day and gave him the deposit and returned a week later with the trailer. I was juiced!

Last edited by gokellurself; 07-21-2017 at 02:03 AM.
gokellurself is offline   Reply With Quote