The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-13-2017, 03:51 PM   #1
NorCalAnthony

Gen IV DBW Pedal in Square Body?

Does anyone know if the Gen IV DBW pedals will bolt in to the 73-87 square bodies or do they need to something like Hart Rod's bracket for the Gen III DBW pedals in the 67-72 trucks? I think all of the Gen IV's I've seen were plastic so I'm guessing just cutting and welding them is out too.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I've been looking at a ton of build threads and am only finding Gen III stuff or partially completed builds that haven't gotten to that point for my body style (84 K5). I already picked up a diesel pedal that I was going to use for a Gen III swap but recently picked up an LS2 and am trying to decide if I should just get some adapter harnesses to hook the newer engine up to what I already have or if I should go ahead and start collecting the other Gen IV stuff. Either way I still plan on getting a custom tuned PCM/ECM and harness so those costs are a wash...
NorCalAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:45 PM   #2
dayj1

Re: Gen IV DBW Pedal in Square Body?

It's not a direct bolt in, so you'll need a mounting bracket. The good news about gen 4 pedals is that they're all the same, electrically, with the exception that two pins have to be swapped in the harness to use a car pedal on a factory truck harness. I think it's pin D and E, but double check that with a Google search. The Monte Carlo SS pedal is a good candidate to use in swaps because it looks more "period correct" as it's not all plastic. It has a metal arm, that you can bend, cut, weld if needed. Good luck!
dayj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:12 AM   #3
Houston Ben

No, not direct bolt in. I use Hart Rod's mounting bracket with corvette pedal and love it!
Old 07-19-2017, 11:51 AM   #4
NorCalAnthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayj1 View Post
It's not a direct bolt in, so you'll need a mounting bracket. The good news about gen 4 pedals is that they're all the same, electrically, with the exception that two pins have to be swapped in the harness to use a car pedal on a factory truck harness. I think it's pin D and E, but double check that with a Google search. The Monte Carlo SS pedal is a good candidate to use in swaps because it looks more "period correct" as it's not all plastic. It has a metal arm, that you can bend, cut, weld if needed. Good luck!
Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep the Monte Carlo SS pedal in mind if I can't find something else that works. I don't have a welder so I'm trying to find something that will bolt in with a bracket or minimum work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Ben View Post
No, not direct bolt in. I use Hart Rod's mounting bracket with corvette pedal and love it!
Nice! I'm pretty sure yours was one of the build thread I was going through but didn't see any mention or pictures of the pedal. You wouldn't happen to have any pictures with the bracket installed would you? I went through Hart Rob's threads about the brackets and everything I read said that it might work in the 73-87 trucks but nobody ever chimed in to say if it wound up working or not...
NorCalAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote