The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-12-2015, 05:25 PM   #1
BigMike

Dakota Digital Gauges w/ CALD-67C-PU

Hey guys. I've been looking through every search engine to find and installed picture of the Dakota Digital gauges with the Dakota Digital aluminum overlay. I am also wondering if it is an overlay or a stand alone bezel? I bought a set of the VHX gauges from Travis @ Az Pro Performance and have been trying to see if it is worth it to just make my own overlay of fork out the $$$ for the DD one. Do any of you that have the Dakota Digital gauges also have the Dakota Digital CALD-67C-PU aluminum gauge bezel?

Any information or pictures would be greatly appreciated.
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:54 PM   #2
NTIMID8R

Re: Dakota Digital Gauges w/ CALD-67C-PU

I don't have these gauges......yet, but have you looked on the facebook pages of the manufacturers and the vendors? You may find the pics you're looking for.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called "the present".

1971 Sierra Grande LWB, 350/TH350, Factory Air Lots, of future mods planned!!
NTIMID8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:25 PM   #3
BigMike

I've looked at DD & Az Pro Performance... there are plenty of pictures of the gauges and of the bezels, but none with the DD aluminum bezel mounted on the gauges. That's why I asked on here because it's pretty specific to the 67-72 C10's.

Here is the CALD-67C-PU that I am referring about.

Here are my gauges
Old 10-12-2015, 11:43 PM   #4
NTIMID8R

Maybe you can get someone on this forum to photoshop a picture for you. It would give you an idea of what you're looking for.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called "the present".

1971 Sierra Grande LWB, 350/TH350, Factory Air Lots, of future mods planned!!
NTIMID8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:02 AM   #5
BigMike

Not exactly what I was looking for. It's kinda of complicated but here I go... most aluminum overlays have the little cutouts for the headlight and wiper pads on the factory bezel. Do you have to grind those off to get this overlay to fit? That would be the end result I am looking for but without any more info or pictures it's hard to make that determination. I can always fabricate my own out of thin sheet aluminum or steel. But I don't have access to a lazer or CNC so it would take me a while to make it. Ultimately I would paint it orange to match my interior (and my current bezel). I don't really like my current bezel because the face is rough and I want it to be smooth.

I was hoping someone would chime in and say they used the Dakota Digital aluminum bezel, or know someone else that may have and shoot me a couple of pictures.

Here is what my current bezel looks like.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:11 AM   #6
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Hey guys. I've been looking through every search engine to find and installed picture of the Dakota Digital gauges with the Dakota Digital aluminum overlay. I am also wondering if it is an overlay or a stand alone bezel? I bought a set of the VHX gauges from Travis @ Az Pro Performance and have been trying to see if it is worth it to just make my own overlay of fork out the $$$ for the DD one. Do any of you that have the Dakota Digital gauges also have the Dakota Digital CALD-67C-PU aluminum gauge bezel?

Any information or pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Mike, I'm almost 90% sure it is just an overlay. The VHX cluster just bolts to a stock bezel and last I knew, DD did not have any one making them a full billit bezel. Just the piece you are searching pics of, which is an over lay. I pondered getting it when I got my VHX cluster, but opted not to.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:19 AM   #7
BigMike

Kind of what I'm thinking too. Been looking for pictures for the last 3 days and I am coming to that conclusion. I'd like to get it and paint it orange and put it over a new bezel. That way the finish will be more in line with the smooth interior color on the dash, not a rough finish like it currently is. I was just hoping that someone would say for sure but I guess 90% is pretty close. It seems a little wider than the standard aluminum overlay's most companies are selling but maybe that's a good thing.

Guess I'll have to buy it to find out. I have a few more important things I need to do first but I'll go ahead and drop the $$$ for it hopefully next week
Old 10-13-2015, 12:28 AM   #8
BigMike

Just found a picture of one that LMC truck carries that look identical to the Dakota Digital one. Maybe someone has a picture of the LMC one installed on their bezel?

Old 10-13-2015, 02:41 AM   #9
BigMike

Alright, looks like someone else on did what I was looking to do on mine. I just bought one on eBay for $50 shipped.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:53 PM   #10
BigMike

So FYI, Dakota Digital sent me this photo they had one of the guys make for me. I had already bought one on eBay so I think it will work for what I'm doing at half the cost. I don't really care for the milling on it but in the scheme of things it's pretty minor and I can live with it. If I really wanted to I could always fill them in before I paint them but like I said I can live with it so I'll leave them.

Taking me a while to get everything hooked up because I added a DD fan controller and didn't understand the wiring when adding it to the VHX gauges. DD emailed me back right away and explained it so I should have the gauges in soon.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:32 AM   #11
BigMike

Okay, I installed it and I am not sure I like it. I saw there was someone who was making stock looking aluminum bezels that would work with the Dakota Digital gauge cluster. Anyone seen one and know where to point me? Been searching all over Google and cannot come up with anything.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:30 PM   #12
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Not sure what you are looking for but found out about these surrounds in Classic Trucks Magazine.

http://www.claytonmachine.com/67-72-gm-truck-bezel/

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote