The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-16-2017, 06:47 AM   #26
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Re: Officially retired from 67-72 truck building

Hmm, for you, lets start the clock on the next 67-72 project. With your experience and knowledge, it hard not to look at one of these ole Chevy's or GMC's and say " I could have that back on the road and looking good in a few weeks" and not pull the trigger. I just sold my 2015 Toyota TRD Pro 4 Runner, so, back in my 72 Blazer. It never leaves your soul. But, have fun with current projects. And thanks for all the advice you have put out over the years.

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:37 AM   #27
Grumpy old man

That's what I said after building cars and trucks for customers for many years ,I gave most of my equipment to my son and then I rebuilt a set of buddy buckets for a neighbor who gave me his 67 flip bench seat ,it sat in my garage for a few years and then I decided well... I may as well build a 67 since I already have a seat for it .....It NEVER ends !
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 04:07 PM   #28
Livrat
Member #1049

Guys,
Thank you for all of the compliments and encouragement!
Also I just had to say to the guys who say "You'll be back", I have to chuckle at that as I will still be around buried in vehicle projects but I can say for certain there will not be any more 67-72 GM truck projects for me, They showed up in my life just because of one day I decided I wanted a truck and one day a 67 Shorty step side happened to be at an auction and I bought it cheap, after that I discovered you could buy them cheap and they parted out very well of which just happened to turn into a 35 year career of making a decent income.
I knew that was all over in the last couple of years when I decided that I had way too many projects to finish in my lifetime, I made out a priority list of which the 68 GMC 4X4 that I had owned for 30 plus years was at the very bottom so it and all the parts were sold (Thank you CG!!), Then my crewcab project idea was scrapped, all the C40-60 pieces were sold to Rtech Fabrications (thanks Randall!!).

At the same time I was really struggling with finishing up the 69 SWB (mentioned above) I was so relieved when the person who was purchasing it had to back out and I didn't have to finish it. So I sold it as is.
For me these trucks were never really in my soul as David mentions(Dpassmore), (It always seemed that what ever I did, I did to excess).
Now don't take me wrong, I do like 67-72's but for me the passion for them was all about the build, after that part was finished I no longer wanted them so they were sold.

I have many PM's from guys here asking me if it was hard to let go of that 68 GMC after 30 plus years and the simple answer of "nope" always seems to baffle most.
I will admit that sometimes I waffle back and forth on things but when I do make a decision I go and do not look back, I have decided to get back to the real passion of my teens and early 20's, Studebaker and 60's Mopar muscle cars.

Once again I will mention I will still be around and if anyone has questions about these trucks by all means ask, I will be more than happy to talk trucks..
Livrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 01:16 PM   #29
atvpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livrat View Post
Guys,
Thank you for all of the compliments and encouragement!
Also I just had to say to the guys who say "You'll be back", I have to chuckle at that as I will still be around buried in vehicle projects but I can say for certain there will not be any more 67-72 GM truck projects for me, They showed up in my life just because of one day I decided I wanted a truck and one day a 67 Shorty step side happened to be at an auction and I bought it cheap, after that I discovered you could buy them cheap and they parted out very well of which just happened to turn into a 35 year career of making a decent income.
I knew that was all over in the last couple of years when I decided that I had way too many projects to finish in my lifetime, I made out a priority list of which the 68 GMC 4X4 that I had owned for 30 plus years was at the very bottom so it and all the parts were sold (Thank you CG!!), Then my crewcab project idea was scrapped, all the C40-60 pieces were sold to Rtech Fabrications (thanks Randall!!).

At the same time I was really struggling with finishing up the 69 SWB (mentioned above) I was so relieved when the person who was purchasing it had to back out and I didn't have to finish it. So I sold it as is.
For me these trucks were never really in my soul as David mentions(Dpassmore), (It always seemed that what ever I did, I did to excess).
Now don't take me wrong, I do like 67-72's but for me the passion for them was all about the build, after that part was finished I no longer wanted them so they were sold.

I have many PM's from guys here asking me if it was hard to let go of that 68 GMC after 30 plus years and the simple answer of "nope" always seems to baffle most.
I will admit that sometimes I waffle back and forth on things but when I do make a decision I go and do not look back, I have decided to get back to the real passion of my teens and early 20's, Studebaker and 60's Mopar muscle cars.

Once again I will mention I will still be around and if anyone has questions about these trucks by all means ask, I will be more than happy to talk trucks..

Mark, thank you for the opportunity to get to know you and for the parts. Best of luck in your retirement years
atvpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:48 AM   #30
MtnChevyMan

ha, your just the guy I need living next door to me, you could probably put together my truck, that I basically dismantled almost completely and have no idea where anything goes or where to go from here.. Funny your done with them and I'm just starting out, sure wish they were as cheap as when you started, enjoy your new endeavors
MtnChevyMan is offline   Reply With Quote