The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-07-2015, 11:25 PM   #1
Vals59

Patch panel repair pictures and advice

I just got started replacing my cab corners. My rocker was pretty rotted and bent making it hard to decipher exactly where to line it up. A picture of where the rocker meets the cab corner would help me as the inside corner of the rocker could be my guide. Also someone had a picture in their build thread of plate they made for the floor that took the place of the inner cab corners. After working on it today and seeing all the stuff that was trapped inside I am all for leaving them out if its o.k to do so. I have the cab on a fixture I made that the cab bolts to just like its on the frame. I have rockers and step plates and some work to do around the hinge pocket. My plan was to fit everything starting at the cab corner and work forward. I plan to use self tapping screws to hold it all together before I do any welding. Any advice is welcomed. I have looked over several build threads preparing for this. Just trying not to over think it or over look something . Thanks Mike
Vals59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:58 PM   #2
hammerdog57

Re: Patch panel repair pictures and advice

repair hinge pocket first,rebuild hinges,hang door and then mock up step to locate cab corner.
hammerdog57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:17 AM   #3
Vals59

Re: Patch panel repair pictures and advice

Makes more sense than the direction I was headed thanks
Vals59 is offline   Reply With Quote