The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-09-2009, 09:11 AM   #1
HeatherMacCloud

99 blazer help?

I recently purchased a 99 4-door blazer. It's in overall good body condition and runs like a dream. There's just a few little things that I'm trying to fix on it. It needs a new CD player and the bracket thing that holds the spare tire under the car is busted. I know very little about cars and am not sure where to get this bracket or what it cost. Does anyone know where I can find one online so I can see what it looks like and get an idea of what they cost? I'm trying to shop around for the best price because in my area the only place to get parts is online or through a dealer.

Also, I need to replace the stereo. It has a tape deck down by floor console, which I'd still like to be able to use if needed. Every stereo I find says it has to modified to fit and some features may not work. Can someone please reccomend a CD player that will fit in my Blazer and still have everything work how it's supposed to?

Thanks in advance!
HeatherMacCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
bwood

Re: 99 blazer help?

As far as your spare tire winch, I got mine from a wrecking yard for about $15 for mine 91 S10. Changing it also is pretty simple, just need some basic hand tools and some safety glasses. There will be a lot of dirt built up around the old one.

For your stereo, I would recommend www.crutchfield.com , they will have everything you need for a stereo install including instructions and adapters. There are very few options for a "direct fit" stereo for your Blazer. More than likely you need to pick out a Single DIN size stereo with the features you want and get the adapter. I know that Crutchfield used to send the adapters (stereo, wiring and antenna) for free when you bought the stereo. I don't know about keeping your cassette player, I assume you have the GM stereo with the CD player in the dash and a seperate cassette player below. If you can't keep the cassette, see if they have a kit that will turn you cassette player slot into a storage pocket.

I assume this is a 99 S10 Blazer, if so there is a S10 forum on this site also. Also welcome to the site.
2005 Honda CRF250R
2006 Honda CRF150F
bwood is offline   Reply With Quote