The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-05-2019, 10:38 AM   #1
robs71

Arrow randy500,bad dealings

I recently inquired about a truck Randy has for sale on here..Going by the few pictures and short description over 1 phone call and knowing he is a truck guy I made the mistake of saying I would take it..99% sure I would I offered a 500.00 deposit...and here is where I misspoke (I said I will send a non refundable deposit because I was so sure it would be as described)..After reviewing more pictures that where sent that evening and viewing on a full screen I decided for the money and shipping this was not the great deal I thought it was...I contacted Randy next morning(within 24 hours and said I am going to pass and apologized for wasting his time).I even said I would take his cup holder console and he could keep the difference which amounted to over 100.00 bucks...not a bad deal for a few pics...no reply..so I called him...not going into the whole conversation he said he spent the money on the truck for materials to finish it as it is not quite done..he told me had I not said non refundable he would have returned my money......I just bought seats from him a few days earlier for 1700.00 shipped,plus lots of parts in the past....I could never have on my conscience that I took 500.00 from someone and gave nothing in return..and anyone reading this you mite say well you did say non refundable...yes I did..but geez! had it been the other way around I would have returned that money asap...I have met a lot of great people on here and have close friendships with a few....Jimmer,Tim,Jeff,Larry to name a few....I will not be renewing my membership next month as this whole thing has left me with bad feelings..Rob.

Last edited by robs71; 03-05-2019 at 11:02 AM.
robs71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:24 AM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: randy500,bad dealings

I really do feel for you, however, you chose to offer a non refundable deposit without doing your due diligence. I hate that it happened to you, and yes I feel a partial refund would be proper.. but again you offered the non refundable deposit. I am not sure how your membership here on the site has anything at all to do with that. Your choice of course, and we welcome you to post and be around either way. Blaming the site for this transaction is a far stretch though.

I will contact Randy 500 and ask that they post a reply.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:11 PM   #3
randy500
Account Suspended

Re: randy500,bad dealings

Liz sent me a PM asking me to respond to this post, so I am doing as she requested.

Rob sent me this message on 2/27 at 3:36am PST.

After reviewing the pictures and details given about driveline plus the fact I would have 22,000 into it getting it to my door I decided it was a bit to much $$ for me to spend...I should have reviewed all the details before making a verbal commitment and sending off 500.00$......I jumped the gun..Just wanted you to know within 24 hours i was passing on it as not to inconvenience you any more.If you do not return deposit i get it as i did say i will send 500$ non refundable thinking i was for sure going to buy it..If you feel it is only fair i would be interested in the cup holder console to go with the seats i purchased and call it even....Up to you Rob.....

He then called me at about 11:17am PST
When I answered the phone I told him I was discussing his request with my wife when the phone rang. Rob mostly said what he wrote in the PM again on the phone, I assured him that I intended to uphold my end of the agreement by completing the work he requested and ensuring the truck is roadworthy.

Near the middle of the conversation I again told him I was discussing the issue with my wife when he called, trying to decide how to proceed.

At the end of the conversation Rob asked "If I had said the deposit was refundable when we made the agreement would you have refunded it?"
My response was "of course"

Rob then in an angry tone said "keep the money then"
He then hung up.
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote