The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-20-2014, 10:03 PM   #1
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

When you need directions ,do this

pull up and stop where you see old trucks like these and you'll get more than directions believe me,,
Not knowing my way around here in this new city to me and wanting the best places to go for detailing ,,I drove by this guys shop and stopped and he talked with me for an hour ,,very interesting how he came about these trucks and he also put these GMC'S together ,,

He did tell me about a place I could go for detailing ,,but he said he does his own,,

Still working on the Suburban ,,1953 and the trucks I forgot ,,I think one is a 1948,,the trailer hauler truck has a 53 Chrysler big six in it..
enjoy

Old 08-20-2014, 11:29 PM   #2
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: When you need directions ,do this

Cool, I like the blurb.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:39 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

That's what it's about. You never know when or where,but these old trucks can bring people together when least expected

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:56 AM   #4
GOPAPA

I am going to stop in again and chat with this man ,,he sure knows his GMC's ..and he is an real honest to goodness Oliver Tractor aficionado,,, he had a 1946 Oliver right there beside the Burb,,all painted up like new and it had a number 70 painted on the front of it ,,I had to ask him what it meant as I just knew it didn't mean 70 horse power,,

any one here want to take a stab at what it meant? when I go back I will ask him if also dont mind me taking photos of his Oliver Collection,,i think I seen about a dozen or more lining his fence line in his yard behind his shop..

One more thing is he says there is a difference between frames for a GMC and a Chevy..it has to do with the radiator mounting..
Old 08-21-2014, 09:26 AM   #5
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Wow those are clean trucks!!! Looks like he does them in stages so they stay drivable? My kind of car guy.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #6
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Wow those are clean trucks!!! Looks like he does them in stages so they stay drivable? My kind of car guy.
He is very on top of what he does ,,as you can see he paints good too.. and like I said he really likes GMC's and knows their history well..

I noticed the fire wall had a cover over the hole for the heater tube so I ask him if he ever plans on replacing the heater in this Suburban ,,he smiled and went to rear of the shop just behind the Burb and took a heater off the shelf or floor and it is in excellent shape ..

I am going to visit him again just for the fun of it ..I appreciate a man who takes these old classics serious and does it the right way ..
Old 08-22-2014, 06:08 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Hey,I think I know that guy. Was his name Jimmy Oliver? I guess you saw a 70 Row Crop,one of the finest tractors made. That was just the series designation. I know of 60,66,77,80,& 88s,too. That 70 would be from 1937-1948. That same tractor was offered in Canada as a Cockshut and the only difference was cream colored wheels instead of red. That guy likes my favorite truck and tractor. I wish I could drop by with you one day. I know a guy in this area who is seriously into Olivers. He's got the dealer signs up on his barn and has at least one of anything Oliver built...even a combine! They were special tractors from an era when all tractors were great.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 08-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #8
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Hey,I think I know that guy. Was his name Jimmy Oliver? I guess you saw a 70 Row Crop,one of the finest tractors made. That was just the series designation. I know of 60,66,77,80,& 88s,too. That 70 would be from 1937-1948. That same tractor was offered in Canada as a Cockshut and the only difference was cream colored wheels instead of red. That guy likes my favorite truck and tractor. I wish I could drop by with you one day. I know a guy in this area who is seriously into Olivers. He's got the dealer signs up on his barn and has at least one of anything Oliver built...even a combine! They were special tractors from an era when all tractors were great.
Never got his name except for his middle name ,,he said it was Oliver. far as know and I have no reason to not believe him,,It's Oliver.

He told me that that Oliver 1946 was the first year for 70 octane fuel..
Old 08-23-2014, 06:33 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Then,his name must be Jimmy Oliver Gott,because he got him some Jimmys and Olivers

Tim

Old 08-23-2014, 10:44 PM   #10
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
pull up and stop where you see old trucks like these and you'll get more than directions believe me,,
Not knowing my way around here in this new city to me and wanting the best places to go for detailing ,,I drove by this guys shop and stopped and he talked with me for an hour ,,very interesting how he came about these trucks and he also put these GMC'S together ,,

He did tell me about a place I could go for detailing ,,but he said he does his own,,

Still working on the Suburban ,,1953 and the trucks I forgot ,,I think one is a 1948,,the trailer hauler truck has a 53 Chrysler big six in it..
enjoy

More of Olivers GMC's and ,more of Olivers Olivers