The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network







Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2018, 09:59 AM   #1
The Rocknrod
Too Cool For School
 
The Rocknrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: China Spring, TX
Posts: 2,427
Given a New Truck

Well, I've been given a 1969 C-10 Long Bed, 6 cyl, 3 on the tree, original truck. Only thing is it's in California and I'm in Texas. Anyone know of a way to truck it out to Texas, companies that do that? I already have my 64 Stepper so I doubt I'd have the time for a new project anytime soon.
Thanks
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:54 AM   #2
nsb29
Senior Member
 
nsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: new smyrna beach fl / 29 palms cal
Posts: 517
Re: Given a New Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
Well, I've been given a 1969 C-10 Long Bed, 6 cyl, 3 on the tree, original truck. Only thing is it's in California and I'm in Texas. Anyone know of a way to truck it out to Texas, companies that do that? I already have my 64 Stepper so I doubt I'd have the time for a new project anytime soon.
Thanks
U ship
nsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:00 PM   #3
shp4man
Registered User
 
shp4man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 395
Re: Given a New Truck

Is it a running vehicle? Worth shipping?
__________________
Everybody has to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.
shp4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:05 PM   #4
The Rocknrod
Too Cool For School
 
The Rocknrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: China Spring, TX
Posts: 2,427
Re: Given a New Truck

Worth shipping...
The man said it need only carb work to get it running as that's why he parked it. He's a retired CHP and good friend. Father to my wife's best friend. I suspect he's telling the truth.
He's owned it since new and has not modified it.
Tough call on the worth shipping, I would say it was though knowing the man.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:19 PM   #5
shp4man
Registered User
 
shp4man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 395
Re: Given a New Truck

Well, if the guy's giving it to you it may be kind of rude to ask for pics. There are companies that do this sort of thing- would be interesting to see for sure. California vehicles do rust, usually from water leaks. Is this guy in the desert?
__________________
Everybody has to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.
shp4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:25 PM   #6
The Rocknrod
Too Cool For School
 
The Rocknrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: China Spring, TX
Posts: 2,427
Re: Given a New Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by shp4man View Post
Well, if the guy's giving it to you it may be kind of rude to ask for pics. There are companies that do this sort of thing- would be interesting to see for sure. California vehicles do rust, usually from water leaks. Is this guy in the desert?
Currently south of Fresno on a little (I mean little) piece of property he has there out by Reedley. I know what you mean about the pics.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:26 PM   #7
G8rN@te61
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Posts: 48
Re: Given a New Truck

I paid 1,000 to ship from MT to NC using USHIP. Don't do the name your own price because all they do is sit on your bid and then try to bait and switch you by saying we have a guy ready to pick it up now but he wants XX dollars instead. Give yourself a month to six weeks to get it delivered.
G8rN@te61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:30 PM   #8
The Rocknrod
Too Cool For School
 
The Rocknrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: China Spring, TX
Posts: 2,427
Re: Given a New Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rN@te61 View Post
I paid 1,000 to ship from MT to NC using USHIP. Don't do the name your own price because all they do is sit on your bid and then try to bait and switch you by saying we have a guy ready to pick it up now but he wants XX dollars instead. Give yourself a month to six weeks to get it delivered.
Oh okay thats good info, I figured nobody would just jump on it theyd have to have a route or some reason to go either there or here other than just one truck. Thank you for that info.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:34 PM   #9
G8rN@te61
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Posts: 48
Re: Given a New Truck

Youre close to fort worth on a major thoroughfare so depending on where in California its coming from you should be in good shape.
G8rN@te61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:01 PM   #10
5Tractorguy
Registered User
 
5Tractorguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Central Massachusetts
Posts: 226
Re: Given a New Truck

Give these two a shot... may save you the Uship middle-man.

Double M Transport, LLC
Alton, NH
Phil Lewis, CEO
603-842-0022

He moved a tractor that someone bought from me out to Indiana. I also spoke to him about truck transport not long ago. He mainly runs east of Mississippi but someone else in the company can run to the west coast.

Howell's Trucking, LLC
R.L. Howell- Driver/Operator
HowtruckingLLC@aol.com
1-540-494-4686
USDOT#- 2572577

Moved my GMC 5000 from NC back in 2015, good guy to deal with. Not sure what his range is but doesn't hurt to ask.
__________________
Jake

5Tractorguy on Youtube
5Tractorguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:52 PM   #11
aerotruk63
Check The Champ, Demonstrator
 
aerotruk63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal,Quebec
Posts: 6,046
Re: Given a New Truck

Randy Kroth Transport.
256-200-2824
Doesnt mind the non running stuff, or non rolling for that matter. Met him in Murdo South Dakota. He moved his truck and trailer so I could squeeze in beside him. Just talked to him a few weeks ago and he remembered all the details. Highly recommended. Known in the industry.
__________________
1963 Chevrolet Truck Literature
LINK: https://picasaweb.google.com/113840717762774560215

YouTube Channel with 20+ Original Chevrolet Truck Salesmen, Mechanics & Service Department Training Slideshows.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...otruk63&page=1
aerotruk63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:26 PM   #12
The Rocknrod
Too Cool For School
 
The Rocknrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: China Spring, TX
Posts: 2,427
Re: Given a New Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Tractorguy View Post
Give these two a shot... may save you the Uship middle-man.

Double M Transport, LLC
Alton, NH
Phil Lewis, CEO
603-842-0022

He moved a tractor that someone bought from me out to Indiana. I also spoke to him about truck transport not long ago. He mainly runs east of Mississippi but someone else in the company can run to the west coast.

Howell's Trucking, LLC
R.L. Howell- Driver/Operator
HowtruckingLLC@aol.com
1-540-494-4686
USDOT#- 2572577

Moved my GMC 5000 from NC back in 2015, good guy to deal with. Not sure what his range is but doesn't hurt to ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotruk63 View Post
Randy Kroth Transport.
256-200-2824
Doesnt mind the non running stuff, or non rolling for that matter. Met him in Murdo South Dakota. He moved his truck and trailer so I could squeeze in beside him. Just talked to him a few weeks ago and he remembered all the details. Highly recommended. Known in the industry.
Wow, I have my homework cut out for me now guys, thank you for the leads I will call.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:53 PM   #13
duke_lbz
Registered User
 
duke_lbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Jackson Al
Posts: 35
Re: Given a New Truck

Had my non running suburban shipped from Idaho to south Alabama on u ship for 1600. I would thing you could get that to you for less than 1000
__________________
07 GMC Sierra 2500 compound turbo' duramax
99 GMC Yukon solid axle swapped
68 Chevyc10 swb fleetside
67 Chevy c10 small window swb stepside
70 Chevy c10 suburban
duke_lbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:06 PM   #14
Cooper197
Registered User
 
Cooper197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 180
Re: Given a New Truck

You should be able to move that for significantly less than $1,000. Google vehicle shippers and call a few for quotes.
I work for a dealership and ship a dozen or so cars to or from Oregon a few times a year. I sent a Toyota Previa to a guy in upstate New York last year and the shipping was about $785. Call a few and play their bids off each other. CA to TX isn't too long of a trip...
Cooper197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:31 PM   #15
rvrfoot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: san bernardino ca
Posts: 1,430
Re: Given a New Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
Well, I've been given a 1969 C-10 Long Bed, 6 cyl, 3 on the tree, original truck. Only thing is it's in California and I'm in Texas. Anyone know of a way to truck it out to Texas, companies that do that? I already have my 64 Stepper so I doubt I'd have the time for a new project anytime soon.
Thanks
Or just cut your loss and just give it to me! lol I live in cali.
rvrfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:42 PM   #16
Submariner616
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 44
Re: Given a New Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
Well, I've been given a 1969 C-10 Long Bed, 6 cyl, 3 on the tree, original truck. Only thing is it's in California and I'm in Texas. Anyone know of a way to truck it out to Texas, companies that do that? I already have my 64 Stepper so I doubt I'd have the time for a new project anytime soon.
Thanks
Hello Master Chief, I just used A to Z Auto Shipping, Inc to move a 64 Chevelle SS convertible that was inoperable from NJ to AZ. They were fantastic. Phone number is 818-991-9904 www.atozauto.com in Agoura Hills, CA. When you ask for a quote they will probably ask how you heard about them. Even if they don't, tell them your friend highly recommended them. PM me for my name and they'll discount it for you. It cost me $1695 to ship NJ to AZ enclosed. I'll bet they do it for much less on open trailer with the shorter distance. Good luck!!
__________________
Submariner616

1960 Chevrolet C10 283 Powerglide
Submariner616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:12 PM   #17
studeclunker
Registered User
 
studeclunker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fawn Lodge, Ca.
Posts: 91
Re: Given a New Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrfoot View Post
Or just cut your loss and just give it to me! lol I live in cali.
DANG!!! You beat me to it!

Reedly is up and away from the rice farms, inland away from the costal salt, dry, and HOT! So not much in the way of rust worries.😂 It all depends on where this Chipper worked previously.
studeclunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:36 PM   #18
The Rocknrod
Too Cool For School
 
The Rocknrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: China Spring, TX
Posts: 2,427
Re: Given a New Truck

Sounds like I have more work to check on. Thanks guys.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:01 PM   #19
CousinTone
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Placentia, CA
Posts: 157
Re: Given a New Truck

How about I pay the shipping charge and you let me have the truck, I can be there in a hour maybe 90 minutes. Now that sounds like a solid plan. Let me know!!
__________________
Freedom isn't free! Thank all of you who have served to keep this the best country on the globe. I personally appreciate your service.

1964 Chevy C20 LWB Fleet side, 6 cylinder 292 basic model, soon to be a C10 to make the ride easier and wife quieter...although the latter may NEVER happen. Just starting and gathering lots of parts to get this beauty moving.

CousinTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:21 PM   #20
The Rocknrod
Too Cool For School
 
The Rocknrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: China Spring, TX
Posts: 2,427
Re: Given a New Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinTone View Post
How about I pay the shipping charge and you let me have the truck, I can be there in a hour maybe 90 minutes. Now that sounds like a solid plan. Let me know!!
That's funny. Okay I can do that, the shipping charge is $5,000.00 bucks.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:33 PM   #21
CousinTone
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Placentia, CA
Posts: 157
Re: Given a New Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
That's funny. Okay I can do that, the shipping charge is $5,000.00 bucks.
You'll take a personal check, right? LOL I hope you enjoy the truck, great year and it will be a blast to get the 'ole 6 running again. I've got a 64 Long Bed, Fleet Side that has a 292 in it. I'm keeping it a 6 to be different. Everyone says LS swap. I say put some go fast on the 6 and it will keep up, less weight and great torque with some speed there, somewhere. But i'll pull the tree out faster!!
__________________
Freedom isn't free! Thank all of you who have served to keep this the best country on the globe. I personally appreciate your service.

1964 Chevy C20 LWB Fleet side, 6 cylinder 292 basic model, soon to be a C10 to make the ride easier and wife quieter...although the latter may NEVER happen. Just starting and gathering lots of parts to get this beauty moving.

CousinTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:18 AM   #22
sirJim
62 suburban
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 126
Re: Given a New Truck

What A coincidence, I am originally from Reedley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
Currently south of Fresno on a little (I mean little) piece of property he has there out by Reedley. I know what you mean about the pics.
__________________
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=737695

62 burb in the making.
sirJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:12 AM   #23
The Rocknrod
Too Cool For School
 
The Rocknrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: China Spring, TX
Posts: 2,427
Re: Given a New Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinTone View Post
... LOL I hope you enjoy the truck, great year and it will be a blast to get the 'ole 6 running again. I've got a 64 Long Bed, Fleet Side that has a 292 in it. I'm keeping it a 6 to be different. Everyone says LS swap. I say put some go fast on the 6 and it will keep up, less weight and great torque with some speed there, somewhere. But i'll pull the tree out faster!!
I have a difficult time understanding the allure of the LS in these trucks. I was once a 6 banger driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirJim View Post
What A coincidence, I am originally from Reedley.
And now your livin large in Denmark...
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com