The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2018, 04:07 PM   #1
HarrisonsRodShop

1962 GMC Suburban Build

I am starting this thread to document the buildup of a 1962 GMC Suburban Custom 3 Seater. I am the owner of Harrison's Rod and Custom in Afton, TN. I have attached a rendering by Eric Brockmeyer of where the project is heading. The build has received support from the logos on the drawing and each is a product I sell and use in my shop. We will be using American Racing VN409 TTO Two-Piece wheels, QA1 Coilover Suspension, Powermaster Starter and Alternator, VibroSolutions Sound/Heat Insulation, Trique Manufacturing Altman Easy Latches, Black Label Coatings for the Powder Coating Work, Ididit Steering Column, American Autowire harness, Lokar parts throughout, and we will be sealing everything up with Steele Rubber Products. Paint work will be handled by Ryan Akers of Dublin, VA. and Insurance on this and all our vehicles is through Farris Insurance Agency of Valdese, NC. I plan on updating the thread as often as possible. Thanks for looking!

The first pics I have attached show the Rendering, and the Suburban as we received it in July of 2015. I drove out to Lee's Summit, MO and picked it up after buying it from Jim Streebe on eBay. It was a pretty solid truck. Had good bones. It is a three seat, Custom cab with factory Hydromatic and 305 V6. At some point, someone had added power steering.
Attached Images

HarrisonsRodShop is offline   Reply With Quote