The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-24-2016, 11:17 AM   #1
Rickysnickers

Ever had one of those weeks?

I've had an issue where when I apply the brakes, the pedal goes to the floor. I haven't changed anything as far as the brakes go. I spoke to the mechanics at work and they gave me a couple of suggestions. After checking those things, I decided the master cylinder was most likely the culprit. I ordered a new Willwood 1" bore, http://www.wilwood.com/MasterCylinde...mno=260-8555-P .

Drove the truck to run some errands on Wednesday, before work. On the way home, I noticed a funny smell. When I got home, I opened the hood and saw there was coolant splashed all over the engine. It was bubbling out from a rather long crack in the upper tank.

It's a Champion and I bought it off of eBay. I contacted the store. They are up in Lake Elsinore. So, I get to drive up there to see if they will replace it. It's less than a year old.
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:57 AM   #2
iowaboynca

Re: Ever had one of those weeks?

Cross your fingers as bad things usually happen in 3s
Good luck getting the tank sorted out.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:49 PM   #3
mr48chev

Sounds like my go around on my OT daily driver. A month and 100 bucks worth of parts and finding a kinked coolant return hose and it's working.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:16 AM   #4
iowaboynca

If it makes y'all feel better the water pump went out on the family driver, (97 GMC Savana Van) this week.

I love this van but to quote Disney's Aladdin..."All the power in the universe! Iddity bitty living space..." Not alot of room to work on. But hey we'll get it figured out.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:00 PM   #5
Rickysnickers

Updating this. Today I drove up to Lake Elsinore. That's where the "local" Champion Cooling location is. Not terribly far away, maybe 45 minutes. Anyway, I had bought the radiator from them through eBay. I was not expecting a whole lot in the way of customer service. I sent a message that there was a crack that had developed. They suggested I bring it up. I got up there, the guy took it in the back and looked it over. About 15 minutes later, he came back out with a brand new radiator! There were no questions asked. I was pretty pleased with that. That was great service!
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:02 PM   #6
OrrieG

Luckily you did not buy it from a Chinese company. Replacing that with a new one with NO hassle will buy them lots of positive advertising and customers. Hopefully it is a one off defect.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote