The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2018, 01:38 AM   #1
AntiqueAtHeart

1965 C10 factory exhaust

Hey fellas, how are you yall tonight?

So I bought a pretty much all original '65 C10 283ci long bed a while back and have been working on the exhaust. Since the truck is fairly original, I want to try to keep it that way exhaust included. When I drove the truck home, I noticed quite a few exhaust leaks and it turned out to be both the "y" pipe and extension pipe were rusted out. Unfortunately, both pipes can't be saved because they were both too thin. I've replaced the "y" pipe with Walker part #42087 which was a perfect fit. The only problem is finding a new replacement for the extension pipe. The only extension pipe I can find is Walker #48111 which is for a L6 engine and not a v8 like the truck has. My truck came with a 2 inch "y" pipe and extension pipe.

Do any of you know where to get an extension pipe for a v8 long bed truck? Unfortunately, the cheapest quote that I got from an exhaust guy was $225....just for the extension pipe. I can't seem to find one. Any help would be appreciated.

-Cam
AntiqueAtHeart is offline   Reply With Quote