The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-21-2017, 09:51 AM   #1
mopar346

Anything special about a Trailing Special truck?

Good morning folks,

I picked up a truck over the week end that is a complete 78 2 WD, LWB, 350/4 TH350 loaded up granpa truck from I think what was the original owner. I didn't give much for it so I did check it over good at the time but verified good cab and bed and few options that I might be nice on my dually at some point. Well I got it home and busted it off and released that it is to good to part, I also noticed the Trailering Special emblem and was wondering what it entailed or if it really means anything at all. I glanced over the option list and noticed things like front sway bar and heavy duty suspension that I would ASSUME is part of the package.

Any info greatly appreciated, thanks Kevin.

And Merry Christmas to all!
mopar346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #2
Man With A Gun

Re: Anything special about a Trailing Special truck?

"Trailering Special Packages - Recommended for trailer towing, Chevy Trailering Special Packages are available for both 2wd and 4wd vehicles in all series. The recommended equipment will vary depending on the series and the weight to be towed; light, medium, or heavy. Equipment specified in most includes a 350 - 4 bbl, or a 454 4bbl V-8 engine, Turbo Hydra-matic (TH) transmission, power steering, power brakes, HD battery, trailer wiring harness, weight distributing hitch, or ball hitch for step bumper."

"Camper Special Packages - Available on all 20 and 30 series with V-8 and turbo hydra-matic transmission or 4 speed manual transmission, Camper Special Packages are recommended for use with slide in camper bodies for pickups or chassis mounted bodies for cab and chassis models. Although equipment recommendations will vary with body weight, most packages specify camper body wiring harness, heavy duty front and rear springs, heavy duty front and rear shock absorbers, heavy duty front stabilizer bar, and Camper Special name plate. Deluxe Camper Special Package includes all the equipment in the Camper Special Package, plus these additions: Camper Tie Down Package: Elimi-Pitch Package: rear stabilizer bar (standard on dual rear wheel vehicles). Available on Fleetside models only.

Plus..... Power Steering, power brakes, electric clock, chromed front and rear bumpers, bumper guards, two-tone paint, fuel tank shield plate(s), engine oil cooler, 61-amp generator, heavy duty shocks absorbers, heavy duty front and rear springs, heavy duty battery, color keyed front floor mats, intermittent windshield wipers, Rally wheels, styled steel wheels, inside hood lock release, weight distributing trailer hitch platform, ball type trainer hitch and a wide array of factory installed tires."

All standard cabs
Man With A Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:35 PM   #3
mopar346

Re: Anything special about a Trailing Special truck?

Thanks for the info.
mopar346 is offline   Reply With Quote