The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-03-2018, 10:06 PM   #1
JackB

How Do I Fix This?

I'm trying to hang my doors on my Blazer project and I've run into a problem I could use some help on. As background, this is an all original sheet metal Blazer that I'm putting back together after being painted off the frame. No metal has been replaced at all. No bodywork other than filling some old mirror holes. Body was braced when off the frame. All body mounts are new and shims were reinstalled in their original positions. Passenger door gaps up good but I cant get the gaps right on the driver door. What I've discovered is that the cowl/windshield appears to be pushed forward on the drivers side. The door opening is the same on the bottom on both sides but is 1/4 inch larger on the drivers side at the top of the door pocket. The Fiberglass top is also 1/4 inch forward from its original position on the drivers side. I attempted to document this with pictures below. First 2 pics show the original alignment and the 3rd shows how the top is shifted forward pushing the cowl/windshield forward. How do I get the top to move back ? Do I just force it back or should I be working with body shims? Thoughts?
Attached Images

JackB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:25 PM   #2
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Re: How Do I Fix This?

most likely with all new body bushings you'll need to reshim the body...that's my guess...did you brace the body before you pulled it from the frame?...you stated braced when off the frame so its a little unclear....

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:40 PM   #3
JackB

Re: How Do I Fix This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
most likely with all new body bushings you'll need to reshim the body...that's my guess...did you brace the body before you pulled it from the frame?...you stated braced when off the frame so its a little unclear....
Sorry, I should have been more clear. The door braces were in place before taking the tub off
Attached Images

JackB is offline   Reply With Quote