The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2018, 07:56 AM   #26
jdl71

Re: K20 brake part question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short 3/4 View Post
Thanks for remembering me.
Yes, I did finally figure it out, and brakes are working great now. Your lucky that it looks like you have all the parts, and they are correctly installed. Are your drums still good? That turned out to be the biggest challenge for me. Was thinking of starting a thread on options I found.
Thanks again for getting back to me on my original question,
Tom
The one I took off looks fine, cant get one of the screws off to separate it from the hub but I'll work through that. I'd still be interested in hearing what you did for drums as I'm sure others would as well. I've got a factory service manual and I've found several things that don't jive, like the drums can come off separate from the hubs and the axle shaft will not come out the hole after the backing plate is off on the d44hdf. What did you do for brake hose? I've got a short hard line that runs from the wheel cylinder to a bracket on the knuckle and the hose connects there. There is no way I can get something bent like that and I don't think a longer hose is an option, I don't think a hose would fit between the wheel cylinder and the knuckle.

64 C10

66 K20

Last edited by jdl71; 09-10-2018 at 08:01 AM.
jdl71 is offline   Reply With Quote