The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2017, 11:39 AM   #1
NeoJuice

Brake Residual Valve Location Help

I think I got a little to excited that I was finally starting to get my brake lines run. I've run into a little problem with plumbing my front brakes.

I did the rear correctly as in the first mbmbrakes picture with a single line run to the back with one 2lb residual valve.

Then I got a little to excited and ran one line to each front wheel to the wilwood combination valve. It's a little more brake line but I figured I would use the two "front out" ports on the wilwood because I didnt have a plug. The origional plan was only to run one line to the front then "tee" off for the passenger side.

I havent plumbed the master cylinder yet to the wilwood so I'm ok there.

Now the question is.....Can I plumb in the 2lb residual valve just off the master cylinder before the wilwood? or does it have to be after as shown in the second mbmbrake image i modified? if so then I will need to go buy another valve and re-cut/flare them in somewhere.

Any help would be appriciated. Pictures are attached.
Attached Images

Last edited by NeoJuice; 08-03-2017 at 03:53 PM.
NeoJuice is offline   Reply With Quote