The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2018, 08:31 PM   #11
ncpetersc

Re: Help a NOOB - A continuing saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
OK so it is all better now? I don't tend to be very harsh on shops, I just don't return for more punishment. But that's me. If they described in detail what they were going to do, and then it is apparent they didn't do it, then that would be cause for me complaining. I like to find shade tree mechanics, like them much better than any shop. Shops have too much overhead and too many people there just clocking hours and thinking it's 5:00 somewhere...
Yep. All better, can't believe I couldn't find that hose that I knocked off at some point. So basically running better than it has in a long while thanks to the help of everyone here. But it sounds like even though it's running good, I need to take care of this carb.

I'm leaning towards ordering one without core exchange, and maybe building up the courage to try to rebuild it at some point.

I could probably still find time to pull the current carb off this weekend and taking the top off if you guys think it might be something fixable with the float connection or position.

Given the opinions so far, I think I need to at least try to get my money back for the rebuild. It's becoming clear that I did not get what I paid for there. And that's pretty much it for the description of the work agreed to... "rebuild the carb".

Oh I tried to get the video up on you tube. Hope this works https://youtu.be/cP-af791wMk

And attaching a pic of the carb stamp #. 4MV I think, but 7042210 isn't showing up as a cross reference on the guaranteedcarb website. Hope it's the right one.

Thanks again to all of you!
Attached Images

Last edited by ncpetersc; 07-05-2018 at 08:37 PM.
ncpetersc is offline   Reply With Quote