The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2007, 05:52 PM   #1
oomag12

06 Silverado Tranny Trouble

42,700 miles, 1013 hours, no towing, no heavy hauling...tranny fried.... I'm a const. Super. in Wash. DC., Northern VA. , Balti. MD area. LOTS of miles in 13 months, but all highway at speed. GM agreed after many and i mean many calls to cust. service to cover half as goodwill. I had it diagnost at a dealer 2 miles from my house as opposed to the one i purchased the truck and they HOSED me to GM in my opinion. Poor service, just visual inspection, and decided the tranny was cooked, didn't even drop the pan. I even requested computer diag. and they told there was no need, it would not be helpful. The 06's and newer are now using a new generation fluid called VI. Even though the 07 "classic" and the 06 still use the "hydramatic" 4L60 tranny, they will not cross over with the 05's and older. I found an 06 tranny with 2000 miles and a 24 month warranty for 1000. GM wanted 3600. installed, my cost 1800. Anyone else having any tranny troubles with 06-07 Chevy-GMC pick-up, SUV applications??????

Last edited by oomag12; 03-23-2007 at 05:53 PM.
oomag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:55 PM   #2
oomag12

Re: 06 Silverado Tranny Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by oomag12 View Post
42,700 miles, 1013 hours, no towing, no heavy hauling...tranny fried.... I'm a const. Super. in Wash. DC., Northern VA. , Balti. MD area. LOTS of miles in 13 months, but all highway at speed. GM agreed after many and i mean many calls to cust. service to cover half as goodwill. I had it diagnost at a dealer 2 miles from my house as opposed to the one i purchased the truck and they HOSED me to GM in my opinion. Poor service, just visual inspection, and decided the tranny was cooked, didn't even drop the pan. I even requested computer diag. and they told there was no need, it would not be helpful. The 06's and newer are now using a new generation fluid called VI. Even though the 07 "classic" and the 06 still use the "hydramatic" 4L60 tranny, they will not cross over with the 05's and older. I found an 06 tranny with 2000 miles and a 24 month warranty for 1000. GM wanted 3600. installed, my cost 1800. Anyone else having any tranny troubles with 06-07 Chevy-GMC pick-up, SUV applications??????
Nobody??? anybody?? nothin???
Old 04-05-2007, 10:51 PM   #3
ezernut9mm

sorry man, i've got a 5sp. wish i could help.

'02 nissan sentra (wal-mart warrior)
ezernut9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:41 PM   #4
Chevytrux4me
Certified Gearhead

Yeah, mine's a 5-sp also. Sounds like the 2000-mile tranny for 1000 bucks and 24 mo warranty would be the way to go here. You could do that twice for what GM wants once... Remembering, of course, that "All Cars Run On Used Parts." Best of luck though, man...
Old 05-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #5
oomag12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevytrux4me View Post
Yeah, mine's a 5-sp also. Sounds like the 2000-mile tranny for 1000 bucks and 24 mo warranty would be the way to go here. You could do that twice for what GM wants once... Remembering, of course, that "All Cars Run On Used Parts." Best of luck though, man...
Yeah, i went with the used trans. total cost installed 1565. Jasper bought the core for 100 bucks. The salvage yard i bought 06 trans didn't want the core. I have had another issue with this truck. AC / heater fan motor "resistor" and also cooked the wiring. Dealer did replace everthing free of charge.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:07 PM   #6
Huck

Unfortunately, not all that uncommon. chevy has put out a lot of crap and don't seem to give a rats butt to support their customers--. they still don't support a permanent fix to the steering column intermediate shaft. they still have a anti-lock brake problem with rust between the front sensors and their mount--no US wide recall, just the northern states!! And you can plan on the AC/heater leaking cold or warm air into the pass side after around 70K miles due to a crappy design and leaking foam seals~~~. I love the old trucks but If I were buying new---it would be TOYOTA!
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote