The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-07-2003, 09:19 PM   #1
Gene Davis

Holley pro-jection

I have a complete,used Holley pro-jection unit for an engine up to 400 C.I.D that I no longer need. Was used for a short time on an 84 chev. p. u. w/350 engine. sold the truck and when the shop removed it they broke a couple of wire end connecyors. Also have 1 new spare injector for it and all the set up and troubleshooting manuals. $500.00 Can e-mail pictures if interested in it. Gene Davis Tennille Ga.
Gene Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 10:44 PM   #2
Truck Hippy

Hey Gene, if nobody here is interested you might want to try ebay. Those seem to do go on there.
Truck Hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 11:06 PM   #3
00droptopSS
2.5/4 on 20's

Is it a closed or open loop setup?

My Old 72 SWB
00droptopSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 11:32 PM   #4
Gene Davis

It is the open loop setup, but the book mentions adding oxygen sensor to it, so I guess you can make it closed loop, will read further tomorrow if you need more info. Gene
Old 06-08-2003, 08:17 AM   #5
68_c10_on20s

f/i

hey whats the cfm on it ive got a pretty well built 350 and my 750s barley enough would love to inject it .will it handle a 290 cam?and how much fuel pressure is needed for it got a pump?...thanks....Steve
Old 06-08-2003, 08:22 AM   #6
Gene Davis

Hey guys; let me get the books out and read it and will get the cfms and etc postedcfor you people this afternoon after church. Thats the safest way for me to give a straight answer to you! Gene Davis
Old 06-08-2003, 06:02 PM   #7
Gene Davis

Holley projection unit

O.K--- People; heres the skinny on the Holley Pro-jection unit. It is a model 502-11 kit complete,still have the box even though it is somewhat shopworn,been on the shelf for several years now. It comes with the optional coolant warmer adapter. Unit is rated at 670 cfm ,but the HP Books 4th edition on Holley stuff says,and I quote direct from page199; "the 2" throttle bores provide air flow of 670 cfm at a pressure drop of1.5hg. Even though these are only 2 barrels, airflow isnearly 12%higher than the model 1850 four barrel carburetor and11% less than the model 3310 four barrel carburetor. The point is that this two barrel throttle body injector is a very high capacity piece of equipment, more than adequete for most street applications,especially for small blocks. Holley says it is good for up to 320 horsepower." ( end of quote). It uses 2 injectors capable of supplying 80 pounds of fuel through each one of them per hour. Thats a lot of fuel down the intake at w.o. throttle(who can afford that much gasoline?). It has included in the package besides the factory supplied parts. 1, bracket for 700r4 tv cable hook up . 2 An installation and tuning video. 3 The H P Books 4th edition of Holley carburetors, manifolds & fuel injection book. 4, a new, (but opened package) spare injector. I bought the unit to run on an 84 C-10 work truck when I replaced the blown 6.2 diesel with a 350. IInstalled on a 350 Mr. goodwrench engine w/700r4 trans worked good ran forabout a year. I bought another truck and parked this one under my shelter and a friend of mine wanted to buy it for his son's first truck. We discussed the price and he wanted to pay less than I asked for it so we finally struck a deal that I gave him the 4bbl to put back on it and he would bring me the fuel Injection unit back. He took it to a local garage to do the work and when he brought it back he told me they cracked a couple of the electrical connectors on the harness. I sent the book with it and it plainly stated you have to put ends on the wires AFTER putting them through the holes, but some people don't read instructions.I had planned to put it on my 71 GMC 307 automatic lwb but now I have decide it too is going to need a new home. It was bought new by my father,(have the check and bill of sale where he purchased it locally), it is in very good shape with some small rust spots. I have 5 vehicles,3 golf carts, 2 lawn mowers,and 4 tractors and for 2 people that is too much junk,I am looking to simplify my life tired of something needing to be done every time I look around. The shipping will be at the buyers expense from zip code 31089 in central Ga. I can e-mail pictures if interested in it Gene Davis Tennille, Ga.