The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-16-2014, 10:22 PM   #26
hold24

Re: Frustrated

I like the updated features on a 72 . Disco brakes , cst door panels, factory air and the updated front grill..
hold24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #27
viking427

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleszkie View Post
I never understood why the early Broncos brought such big money compared to the first gen Blazers. The ealy Broncos were made for 10 years (66-76) so there are a lot of them out there (granted with various ungrades to the drivelines). GM made the first gen Blazer for only 4 years, so they are relatively rarer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbruz View Post
Using my East Coast standards for pricing (not sure if its demand or popularity based), but the Bronco is worth more than the Blazer by around 10Gs
Tbruz

+3 ..agreed, about twice the price for any condition early Bronco in like condition. I hadnt checked the prices on them in many years, then checked out of curiousity last year and about fell outa my chair. No comparison in size, ride, capabilities, passenger comfort, convenience, options, so it must be pure aesthetic and emotional I like them all, Bronco, Blazer, Scout, CJ

Give it some time, and the 69-70 features will grow on you too. 'course front discs can be added discreetely to any of them.

Last edited by viking427; 10-17-2014 at 03:20 PM.
viking427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #28
hold24

Smile Re: Frustrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking427 View Post
+3 ..agreed, about twice the price for any condition early Bronco in like condition. I hadnt checked the prices on them in many years, then checked out of curiousity last year and about fell outa my chair. No comparison in size, ride, capabilities, passenger comfort, convenience, options, so it must be pure aesthetic and emotional I like them all, Bronco, Blazer, Scout, CJ

Give it some time, and the 69-70 features will grow on you too. 'course front discs can be added discreetely to any of them.
Since you said you liked them all. This is my 18k mile original 1979 Golden eagle cj7
v8 auto . Lets get back on Topic Where are the rust free 71,72 blazers out there.... I need one Lol....
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2014, 10:29 AM   #29
TheCougarine

Thats awesome! I looked at CJs before I got my 72 but couldn't find anything decent for the money I was wanting to spend. I'd still love to pick one up some day, that or maybe an FJ40.
TheCougarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:23 PM   #30
ATL Golfer

That CJ is awesome. As is the Bronco. As is the other olive green!! Love the original-ness.

I finally got a rust free one from Cali (I'm in Atlanta as well). Its ebay pics are in the "survivor" thread. Just got the top off last week and the weather has been fantastic as you're aware.

I don't think I'm going to paint or anything for a long time. Love the patina. However, would be very interested if you find a guy in the area. Have a feeling this won't be my only toy.

ATL Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:41 PM   #31
hold24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
That CJ is awesome. As is the Bronco. As is the other olive green!! Love the original-ness.

I finally got a rust free one from Cali (I'm in Atlanta as well). Its ebay pics are in the "survivor" thread. Just got the top off last week and the weather has been fantastic as you're aware.

I don't think I'm going to paint or anything for a long time. Love the patina. However, would be very interested if you find a guy in the area. Have a feeling this won't be my only toy.

You bought that from Matt in Cali.... He is a collector/seller of early Blazers. Congrats on the purchase I think you got a great deal. Hard too find them rust free... I almost bought that one as well. I dont know if he mentioned another guy that was interested.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #32
ATL Golfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold24 View Post
You bought that from Matt in Cali.... He is a collector/seller of early Blazers. Congrats on the purchase I think you got a great deal. Hard too find them rust free... I almost bought that one as well. I dont know if he mentioned another guy that was interested.
Indeed. I'm happy with it...my first site unseen purchase...little nerve racking. He mentioned some other guys had interest. I think it was a fair price.

Just curious, why are you steering away from the '70 model year?

After Matt and I did the transaction I told him he did it in the nick of time. I probably would have purchased that '70 if I could get the price a bit down.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:03 PM   #33
hold24

Quote:
Indeed. I'm happy with it...my first site unseen purchase...little nerve racking. He mentioned some other guys had interest. I think it was a fair price.

Just curious, why are you steering away from the '70 model year?

After Matt and I did the transaction I told him he did it in the nick of time. I probably would have purchased that '70 if I could get the price a bit down.
I like the front end better first off. I like the disc brakes, nicer door panels.
I guess the guy in waelska is not that nego on the 1970. Did you see it in person?
Old 10-23-2014, 03:18 PM   #34
hold24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCougarine View Post
Thats awesome! I looked at CJs before I got my 72 but couldn't find anything decent for the money I was wanting to spend. I'd still love to pick one up some day, that or maybe an FJ40.
Thankyou, I like talkin with guys that like them all. I'm not prejudice I love all vintage 4x4's... but i believe the blazers drive the best out of all of them.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #35
ATL Golfer

Quote:
I like the front end better first off. I like the disc brakes, nicer door panels.
I guess the guy in waelska is not that nego on the 1970. Did you see it in person?
Never saw it or talked to the guy... just popped up literally right after our deal. He may be flexible...worth a chat.

Feel like it was on Ebay as well. Hovering around $15k couple days before the auction...unless I'm imagining things.

I had an '83 CJ in college, '72 Jimmy in HS, and was going back n forth on what to buy. Love em both.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:03 PM   #36
hold24

I was thinking of going to greensboro NC auction to bid on this one but It's 5.5 hours one way to get out bid or no reserve released. Wish it was just for sale with a price
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #37
ATL Golfer

Quote:
I was thinking of going to greensboro NC auction to bid on this one but It's 5.5 hours one way to get out bid or no reserve released. Wish it was just for sale with a price
That thing is sweet. Phone bid option? Got a link to the auction?

NM, found it. http://www.gaaclassiccars.com/buy/bi...simulcast.aspx - - Double edge sword I guess in not traveling up there...no eyes on it for the details.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:10 PM   #38
hold24

Quote:
That thing is sweet. Phone bid option? Got a link to the auction?

NM, found it. http://www.gaaclassiccars.com/buy/bi...simulcast.aspx - - Double edge sword I guess in not traveling up there...no eyes on it for the details.
Another problem with a Auction there is a 7% buyers fee. Then you go to get it registered and Ga hits you for Sales tax. SO you have at least another 10% more than the purchase price. Say you pay 30k thats another 3k ouch.. It's a reserve auction as well
Old 10-24-2014, 08:15 PM   #39
ATL Golfer

Quote:
Another problem with a Auction there is a 7% buyers fee. Then you go to get it registered and Ga hits you for Sales tax. SO you have at least another 10% more than the purchase price. Say you pay 30k thats another 3k ouch.. It's a reserve auction as well
Yeah, I keep putting off the registration here...should have bought a year or two earlier!! I would have a hard time paying that as well...no matter condition.

There was a pretty flawless Jimmy on consignment in Texas a year or so back that wanted $35k. I asked the guy to provide comps and never heard back. I kinda wish I bought it now though. 4spd Jimmy was my original ride...what I want to find one day.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #40
hold24

Quote:
Yeah, I keep putting off the registration here...should have bought a year or two earlier!! I would have a hard time paying that as well...no matter condition.

There was a pretty flawless Jimmy on consignment in Texas a year or so back that wanted $35k. I asked the guy to provide comps and never heard back. I kinda wish I bought it now though. 4spd Jimmy was my original ride...what I want to find one day.
How was the 4spd in the jimmy... Good road manners as far as shifting and holding speeds
Old 10-24-2014, 09:23 PM   #41
ATL Golfer

Quote:
How was the 4spd in the jimmy... Good road manners as far as shifting and holding speeds
For the short time I had it, 18 mths, it did great. Little sticky getting into 1st/Granny gear. Held speed fine and on the highway did excellent in 4th.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #42
Tbruz

The green one in post #19 is a 4 speed.
The granny 1st gear is barley usable in every day use on the road.
By the time you let out the clutch and start moving, you're needing second gear.
I'm sure if off roading or pulling something heavy it would be very handy.

Trick is to start off in second and then it effectively becomes a three speed with lots of room between gears. My typical driving really only uses 3rd and 4th gears unless starting from a dead stop, stock (L78-15) tires on mine.
Tbruz
Tbruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:31 PM   #43
hold24

HI, trying to keep the post going anybody else out there with a 71 or 72 thats thinking about selling in close to stock condition...
Old 11-07-2014, 09:45 PM   #44
NuBomb

If you are on F-book, join up 67-72, k5 /blazers/jimmy There is one from texas listed on there. It looks pretty good to me.

North Georgia Group

"... And the first rule to being a man is you gotta spend your life doing crap you don't wanna do." Red Forman.
NuBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:48 PM   #45
hold24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuBomb View Post
If you are on F-book, join up 67-72, k5 /blazers/jimmy There is one from texas listed on there. It looks pretty good to me.
thanks for the lead but I'm not on face book.. Any other way too see it?
I just got back this evening driving 11 hours round trip with my trailer to try to buy the 72 cst yellow truck I posted at auction.It was not that nice of a truck.It had nice paint but lots of dents and some rust in hidden places . Cowl ,rocker boxes, rockers that where already replaced started to rust again. Didn't even bid just went home. Oh we'll had a great road trip with my oldest daughter...
Old 11-07-2014, 10:56 PM   #46
NuBomb

Here is the pic
Attached Images

North Georgia Group

"... And the first rule to being a man is you gotta spend your life doing crap you don't wanna do." Red Forman.
NuBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:59 PM   #47
hold24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuBomb View Post
Here is the pic

He just posted that on eBay ... Looks nice
Thanks
Old 11-08-2014, 09:54 AM   #48
Tbruz

The auction one is marked sold on their website but doesn't say for how much.
Wondering what it went for and what the buyers/sellers premium was?
Thanks
Tbruz
Tbruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:17 AM   #49
hold24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbruz View Post
The auction one is marked sold on their website but doesn't say for how much.
Wondering what it went for and what the buyers/sellers premium was?
Thanks
Tbruz

I left early and didnt get a chance to see what it went for. buyers get to spend 6% more on top of auction selling price. I'm sure there is a sellers % too.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #50
Chulisohombre

69-70 blazer jimmy had drum brakes all around. 71-72 had four wheel disk and better power steering. 69 and 70 all had double wall tops. 72 had the only single wall lighter tops. There are many upgrades in the later years as well as trim packages.
Your bronco looks like it will fetch a good amount of money. Shouldn't have any trouble finding a decent blazer after you sell it. Craigslist and hope you find one soon.
72 3/4 ton blazer. 5 inch lift on 35 inch tires. 355 corvette engine with crane roller rockers, rv cam, edelbrock carb and intake with one inch spacer. Thrush Headers with flowmaster 40 duels. 4speed sm465 manual. 4 wheel disk brakes with Inboarded rear shock prerunner style mounts and shocks.
Chulisohombre is offline   Reply With Quote