The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-14-2023, 11:20 PM   #1
Matt's k5
BLAZER THIRTY!!

My first square body

Been on here for years but only have a 72 and 62 GMC never been to.the 73-87 side, Picked me up and old farmers truck, looks all original unmolested 74 GMC custom 1500, question I have is the color, says moss green on spid , has anyone see this paint before,? color looks to be original maybe one repaint but the inside of the cab looks like light lime color never
repainted I've looked and looked for this same paint code haven't seen it, it also has square filler doors both sides, but drivers side has an aftermarket tank, pretty cool truck will get better pictures of it when it's not raining I just got it home. Thanks guys
Attached Images

72 HIGHLANDER K5 BLAZER 2nd owner

71 K5 MAMMA'S RIDE!
63 GMC 4X4 305 V6
62 GMC SHORT BED SERVICE BODY V6 (STUMPY)
74 GMC CUSTOM 1500 L/B
Matt's k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 12:58 PM   #2
cadillac_al

Re: My first square body

It probably had a professional repaint if they put the chrome on that newer bed. The colors changed some every few years. It's cool when they are mostly original with patina. I actually want to paint my truck 1974 olive green
77 Chevy K10
cadillac_al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 02:26 PM   #3
Dead Parrot

Could have been in a wreck. Bad enough to bend sheet metal but not hard enough to warp the frame. Or a bull decided the truck was trying to horn in on the bull's cow. At some point, the original paint has faded or aged enough that a perfect match is hard and it becomes easier to repaint the whole thing.
Dead Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 09:33 PM   #4
Matt's k5
BLAZER THIRTY!!

I was wrong. It is Moss Olive not moss green but definitely this paint has been repainted a darker green, but they did a really good job. And it must have been a long time ago. Probably when it was first Pretty much new. I have to look close to find where it's been masked and looks like they had the grill off and bumpers trim everything pretty much off the bed sides do look like they've been swapped out but the foot and header panel you can see the original color in some spots So those are original The driver side fuel door looks different than the passenger side. Almost like The company that had the aftermarket tanks supplied it with it or something like that? Who knows. Only the truck knows but it's pretty cool Find, now time to make it run!
72 HIGHLANDER K5 BLAZER 2nd owner

71 K5 MAMMA'S RIDE!
63 GMC 4X4 305 V6
62 GMC SHORT BED SERVICE BODY V6 (STUMPY)
74 GMC CUSTOM 1500 L/B
Matt's k5 is offline   Reply With Quote