The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2020, 12:40 AM   #1
koolkat

1970 C10 wiring harness question

This truck looks like it retains most of the factory wiring. My question refers to the harness on the driver side in the engine bay, up through the bulkhead/firewall(behind the fuse block).The alternator has a large-gauge red wire coming off the back of it, which goes down to the frame and back up and meets with some other groups of wires right behind the driverside headlight. There is another large gauge red wire that seems to travel with it into the cab(rightside connector on the firewall at the top right wire). Someone cut that red wire to send it to the a/m Sunpro ammeter. I removed the fuse panel inside the cab, and found that red wire along with 2 other large gauge red wires are crimped down to 2 wires(and it looks like a factory crimp).https://ibb.co/MNL2Qkx
My question is, has anyone dealt with these wires before or know what wire they cut in the engine bay for the ammeter?https://ibb.co/w7qxMb8
Just want to be sure I can snip off the a/m ammeter wire and be fine, as I ordered some new gauges with a voltmeter(I dont need any fires in the truck)

Thanks in advance
Jeff

Last edited by koolkat; 06-18-2020 at 07:40 AM. Reason: less to read
koolkat is offline   Reply With Quote