The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-29-2018, 06:02 PM   #1
hotwls13

Help me figure out interior and dash colors

OK, I have kind of asked this question in another thread, but I don't think it's making sense.

I'm in the process of painting my truck Satin Sea Glass Green and Satin White (top of cab will be white and interior metal I was planning to do white).

Trying to figure out best color(s) for my dash, dash pad, glovebox door and possibly changing the colors of door panels, steering wheel and column.

My seats are grey leather buckets. I plan to do grey loop carpet.

So, I feel like I have a lot of colors going on, just want it to look clean, BUT, I was hoping to keep Column and Steering wheel (and maybe door panels) stock color for now.

I'd rather not buy a new dash pad and paint it, so I'm limited to black or gray as far as dash pads go (all the other colors just wouldn't work).

I have 3 different glove box doors (2 painted wrong colors and one chrome that I could paint black with chrome trim).
Attached Images

hotwls13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:25 PM   #2
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Help me figure out interior and dash colors

I don't know if these pictures of my Burban will help, but here they are. Similar colors with the factory grey guage bezel, glove box color and a grey dash pad.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:53 PM   #3
hotwls13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
I don't know if these pictures of my Burban will help, but here they are. Similar colors with the factory grey guage bezel, glove box color and a grey dash pad.
Wow!! I really like the grey. I was leaning black but now I知 thinking grey dash by windshield, grey dashpad, instrument bezel and glovebox. Leave my column and steering wheel factory green. Now what would look better, satin white metal interior or the sea glass green?? Also what to do with door panels? Stay green or get new grey ones??
Old 06-03-2018, 04:44 PM   #4
hotwls13

From the colors of the inside of my cab, firewall and the back dash color, I知 pretty certain my truck was white from the factory. Both exterior and interior. With the only area painted different being the green turquoise back dash area. The rest of the trim pieces (dash pad, steering wheel, colum, door panels) being turquoise.

So at this point, to save me some work (and since I知 not that great at paint/body/prep work) I知 going to paint the interior metal white (Sea Glass green between windshield and dash pad).

Going to leave the turquoise column, steering wheel and door panels for now. I値l convert some or all of it to grey later.
Attached Images