The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-03-2019, 08:09 PM   #1
pwdcougar

New body mounts

It hardly seems possible that I’m at this stage of the game but body to frame mounts are on my list for near future purchase.

Has anyone used the Energy Suspension 3.4149G BODY MOUNT BUSHING SET. I like the idea of getting new bolts.

Paul
1970 4WD Chevrolet Suburban
1997 4WD Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Short Bed (purchased new January 1997)
pwdcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:41 AM   #2
polishspy

Re: New body mounts

yes, i have used the energy suspension set. they fit and work well. I think my only issue was one of the back bolts was a little too long, but I just replaced it with a shorter one.
polishspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:50 PM   #3
Burbnasty

I have recently purchased and Installed the body mount kit.

I had some trouble with missing/ wrong hardware. I contacted the manufacturer, and they were very knowledgeable and helpful. The only issue I had was I was unable to order directly from them and the place I originally ordered through was not very helpful and had me just contact the manufacturer, who I could not buy directly through.

The other Issue I had was that the kit does not come with rear mounts, its not that they were forgotten they simply do not come with the rear mounts.
I used measurement from some of the center mounts and got individual part numbers from the manufacturer (again very very helpful) and ordered them to act as rear mounts. I have not yet installed the rear mounts but plan to soon. If they work I will post what mix of bushings and bolts I used.

The only thing I can recommend is ordering the kit from a store that you can directly return the parts to if they are not working. I spent along time having to research individual parts numbers to make my kit work. I think this could all have been avoided if I could have returned the parts to a physical location.

I attempted to return the parts to the outfit I purchased through so that I could just exchange for another kit that was complete so I didn't have to lay out each individual part in order to see what was correct, what was missing, or what parts simply did not belong.

With the exception of the rear mounts and the mismatched parts, once I got the correct stuff, it all worked great, and i highly recommend the kit itself.

If you have anymore questions let I plan on installing the rear this weekend or next and would be happy to help.
Burbnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:15 PM   #4
rpmerf

Here is my thread from when I used their kit on my 70 C20. Not sure how different they are. I used the 34107G kit.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=770357

Also, my thread on door aliment afterwards:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=772583
1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z
rpmerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:09 PM   #5
pwdcougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbnasty View Post
I have recently purchased and Installed the body mount kit.

I had some trouble with missing/ wrong hardware. I contacted the manufacturer, and they were very knowledgeable and helpful. The only issue I had was I was unable to order directly from them and the place I originally ordered through was not very helpful and had me just contact the manufacturer, who I could not buy directly through.

The other Issue I had was that the kit does not come with rear mounts, its not that they were forgotten they simply do not come with the rear mounts.
I used measurement from some of the center mounts and got individual part numbers from the manufacturer (again very very helpful) and ordered them to act as rear mounts. I have not yet installed the rear mounts but plan to soon. If they work I will post what mix of bushings and bolts I used.

The only thing I can recommend is ordering the kit from a store that you can directly return the parts to if they are not working. I spent along time having to research individual parts numbers to make my kit work. I think this could all have been avoided if I could have returned the parts to a physical location.

I attempted to return the parts to the outfit I purchased through so that I could just exchange for another kit that was complete so I didn't have to lay out each individual part in order to see what was correct, what was missing, or what parts simply did not belong.

With the exception of the rear mounts and the mismatched parts, once I got the correct stuff, it all worked great, and i highly recommend the kit itself.

If you have anymore questions let I plan on installing the rear this weekend or next and would be happy to help.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I was going to order the set through Amazon as they seem to have the best price. Let me know how the rear mounts work out. I'd like to get the part numbers if they work!

Paul
1997 4WD Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Short Bed (purchased new January 1997)
Old 02-08-2019, 08:05 AM   #6
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

Check with Wess at Classic Heartbeat. I think he has a kit with a lifetime? warranty ..

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:12 AM   #7
pwdcougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmlxix View Post
Check with Wess at Classic Heartbeat. I think he has a kit with a lifetime? warranty ..
The only kit at Classic with a warranty is the Blazer kit.

On one hand original rubber may have more give and a better ride. On the other hand the poly set has new bolts and a good price. On the other hand (wait that’s three hands!) the poly set may not come with the correct parts.

I’ll have to dig out the body mounts i saved from the 2WD and see what condition the bolts are in. I don’t think I saved the mounts from the 4WD truck.

So many decisions.

Paul
Old 02-08-2019, 12:16 PM   #8
HO455
Post Whore

I got my OEM rubber style from Classic Heartbeat. Different than Classic Industries. I have notes on the installation and bolt sizes in the link. As well as the spacers I made.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:28 PM   #9
pwdcougar

This might help me make the decision. I can get them through AutoZone online and use the $20 off discount. Makes it cost about 125 before New Jersey tax . https://www.autozone.com/body-suspen...56_253655_5934
Old 02-08-2019, 04:07 PM   #10
pwdcougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
I got my OEM rubber style from Classic Heartbeat. Different than Classic Industries. I have notes on the installation and bolt sizes in the link. As well as the spacers I made.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
Wow what a great thread! Your write ups are excellent!

Paul
Old 02-09-2019, 12:52 AM   #11
HO455
Post Whore

Thank you for the kind words. I wish all the write ups came out as well as the mount replacement write up did. I have a bad habit of forgetting to document things when the work gets going and the story suffers.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 03:56 PM   #12
nsiti

Hello all, I'm resurrecting this thread to ask for your recommendation as to where to purchase a quality rubber body mount kit, and radiator support kit?

As per the recommendations above, I spoke with Wes at Classic Heartbeat and he told me he wasn't able to manufacture a set for the Suburban, only the Blazer.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-28-2022, 05:53 PM   #13
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsiti View Post
Hello all, I'm resurrecting this thread to ask for your recommendation as to where to purchase a quality rubber body mount kit, and radiator support kit?

As per the recommendations above, I spoke with Wes at Classic Heartbeat and he told me he wasn't able to manufacture a set for the Suburban, only the Blazer.

Thanks in advance.
Oh man that's a bummer, must not have been worth his while. Ive purchased two burb sets from him in the past, really great stuff.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 06:21 PM   #14
Beach-Burban

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsiti View Post

Thanks in advance.
I got mine from GMC Paul's...and their online catalog still lists the sets for sale (under the category: Radiator, Cab and Body Mounts).

Woody
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 08:17 PM   #15
pontiacvince

I used Energy Suspension for my '71. I ordered direct from them, but whoever packaged the kit, in just a bubble wrap envelope wasn't taking into account the weight and bolts poking holes in it. When it arrived, there were several missing parts. I took pics and called them immediately. They sent out another complete kit, properly packaged of course. Can't wait to get the 'Burb on the road to try it out....
pontiacvince is offline   Reply With Quote