The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > Vendors Marketplace

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

PWM Cooling Fan Controls

We have added a PWM control to our line of cooling relay kits.

Auto Cool II 85 amp , Auto Cool III 125 amp

Made in the USA with a one year warranty.

The Auto Cool unit is a Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) fan control built to control the Mark VIII and Taurus fans along with other single speed fans It works by taking a reading from a sensor placed on the radiator outlet port and adjusts the fan speed accordingly. The 85a and it big brother the 125 both adjust the fan or fans to maintain a steady radiator cooling temperature there by insuring cooler water coming into the engine leaving head room for the water to absorb the generated heat into cooler water . The 85a and 125 can be purchased with a wiring kit that provides the necessary fuses, wire, connectors and shrink tubing along with install instructions and extended hours support. It’s a method to*save energy*and have positive radiator temperature control by switching the fan motor ON and OFF at a high rate. With transistors switching full ON & full OFF, this generates much less heat. Plus there is no arcing of contacts like found in mechanical relays. Most modern solid state fan controllers will also have Soft Start to eliminate high current spikes when starting fan motors from a dead stop.

The percentage of ON time versus OFF time is pulse width modulation. So if the cycle is 10% ON and 90% OFF, that is considered LOW fan RPM. In the high fan RPM, the numbers would be reversed.
The PWM Controller has a special sensor attached to outflow radiator port. This temperature information automatically sets the fan RPM to control the radiator temperature. This is what you call a CLOSED LOOP. At freeway speeds, the fan or fans may be at or close to zero RPM – saving you energy. When you stop with the motor is running the fan will reach the RPM to hold the temperature set point.

The Auto Cool 85A can power a single Mark VIII or multiple smaller fans.
Features include:
Rated 85 amps
A/C fan speed control
Fail safe on or off by small switch
Fan stays active for one minute after ignition is turned off.
Black powder coated.
A and B outputs for single or dual fan operation.
One year warranty. Made in USA

The Auto Cool III 125 amp can power two Mark VIII or Taurus fans or other multiple fans.
Features include:
Rated 125 amps
A/C fan speed control
Fail safe on or off by small switch
Blue powder coated.
A and B outputs
One year warranty. Made in USA.

The control comes with a temperature sensor you provide the fan , wiring and any fan plug. Wiring kits with the correct wire and configuration for these are available.

Prices start at $179.95 shipped. Shipping beyond the lower 48 at an added cost. They will be available for sale in two weeks.

Last edited by dwcsr; 12-28-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:14 PM   #2
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: PWM Cooling Fan Controls

We have both the 85 amp and the 125 amp in stock along with the wiring kits. The picture below is the 125 amp control setup for two 17" fans or you can run multiple smaller fans to get more radiator coverage. I have 4, 12" 1500 cfm fans on my truck to get 95% coverage and 6000 cfm.

The kit can be purchased with or without the wiring kit and comes with the temperature sensor and instruction for installation. The wiring kit includes all the correct wire, terminals, connectors, shrink tube, one or two 50 amp fuses depending on the kit and instructions on which wire goes where.

If you want information on PWM vs. Relays click on the link below.

http://www.thehollisterroadcompany.com/PWMControl.html
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2014, 08:33 PM   #3
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

We are having a Go Away Snow Sale until 28th of this month.
Any of our Mark VIII / Taurus fan relay kits or PWM kits, Stainless Steel water hose adapters, and custom adapters are 20% off the web price. This sale is only for this board.

You need to go to www.hollisterroad.com select the items make the purchase and check out using the “email” payment method it will give you your pre discount cost shipped, and sales tax if you’re in Texas. You don't need to enter any CC info to do that. Once I get the email I will adjust your discount and send you the total and if you want to proceed I will send a PayPal invoice for you to pay. You can also call and mention you saw it on the 67-72 board. Let me know your board name or add it at check out.

All the relay and PWM kits come with a 1 year warranty and 9 am CST to 9 pm CST support for installations 7 days a week. If you’re not sure what you need email me or call telling me what you have, engine, radiator, fan, alternator amps. The relay kits depending on which you get come with all you need to install it except the fan and a fan plug. The PWM kits come with a sensor and you can purchase the wiring kit or do your own.

Discount does not apply to shipping or sales tax. Shipping outside the lower 48 can be done via USPS for the published rate.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #4
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Thanks guys for the purchases, I only have two 85 amp PWM's and three 125 amp PWM's left. Plenty of MarkVIII/ Taurus kits left.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #5
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

We have the 85 amp PWM's back in stock.
Old 01-17-2020, 03:59 PM   #6
howell57

Need some advice! Got a new L83 and using all OEM parts in my 72 C10. Got the radiator and fan assembly (Bosch motors) and need to control the PMW fans. Vintage Air to be added later which will be stand alone. I've got the big black and red wires coming from the fans and a smaller wire that I do not know what it does. Can't get any info from ACDelco, General Motors or Bosch as it's "propriety"??
What is my best option with your product?

TKX
Old 01-17-2020, 10:42 PM   #7
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

The links in this thread don't seem to work, so I'm not sure these guys are still in business. That's a shame, this looks like a nice product.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Closed Thread