The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM   #1
popeyestruck

Windshield fit

Spent 4 day playing with this windshield and this is the best its going to get. Inside is perfect all the way around . Outside is good everywhere but the passenger side lower corner doesn't go all the way back. The top of the windshield wont seat all the way either. Its not going anywhere its in there tight. Is this expectable as is? I was thinking putting some silicon or urethane around the outer edge under the gasket just to make sure it seals. Any ideas ?
Attached Images

popeyestruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM   #2
PDW HOTRODS

Re: Windshield fit

It's not all the way in at the top. You might need to park it in the sun or heat up you shop and slap it in. Spray soapy water into the gasket groves, use plastic tools to open the gap to spray it in. When it's the best you can get it if the lower corners still don't quite reach, a glass guy told me a trick. You can use a small piece of vacuum hose, or part of one, and push it in the grove between the edge of the glass and the gasket. When you get the fit you want you can add some silicone sealer in to seal it and keep it from moving.

Permatex 81730 Flowable Silicone Windshield and Glass Sealer,
PDW HOTRODS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM   #3
popeyestruck

Re: Windshield fit

I'll park it in the sun and try that. Success!!! I got it by opening up the channel. I've been working on the truck at sun up to take advantage of the cooler temps. This afternoon its over 90 degrees and thats what it needed. Thanks for the advice!

Last edited by popeyestruck; Yesterday at 01:14 PM.
popeyestruck is offline   Reply With Quote