The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2015, 11:50 PM   #1
Rednwhitec20

4x4 1971 K20 build

Last year in March I bought my first truck, a 1971 c20. It was running and driving but it was a very leaky one. I decided to put a brand new built 350 in it and had some fun. I decided I wanted a 4x4 truck. I am now selling my c20 to my step father (plan to buy it back sometime down the road) and use the money to build the k20.

I bought the k20 a couple of months ago. I probably over payed for it but I love these trucks so I bought it. And she sure is a project, a rusty one. So I'm going to be learning a lot during the process.

My build plan isn't crazy. The drive train is still under debate as money may be an issue as I am 16. I really want to 6.0 swap but if not I will rebuild the current motor to a 383 stroker backed by an nv4500. It has new springs with 2" of lift so I'm keeping that to save money and buying 33" tires and wheels to go back to a single wheel. I plan to just primer it black as of now and later paint it. I also plan on getting a new flatbed because it will be used as a dd and help on the farm. Sorry for such a long post
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Rednwhitec20 is offline   Reply With Quote