The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
skip99

bowtiebits bad customer relations

had a problem with bowtiebits.com ,

anyway, this is my first truck, I build 2-3 cars a year. so I placed a couple small orders with different companies to find one that is best..
Bowtiebits.com is bad at customer service... I found them on ebay.. they had a $94 item with free shipping..I called to inquire if they were just a parts warehouse or did someone there actually know about trucks, I added a $45 small item to my order..verified free shipping, and done... 1 week later, small package arrives( 2 door handles and set of locks) along with $15.50 shipping...
Now, it's not the money..it's the principle..so I called .. receptionist got pissy, told me I had to order through ebay to get free shipping, ok fine, so I called the owner..Jeff.. he answered the phone also pissy and told me he already knew the background and should have ordered through ebay.( hope I'm not the only one who knows it's cheaper on them for me to order direct, right?) anyway
they then said even it the one item ($94) was free, they charged me 15.50 for the "other" items.. lock set?.here's the point where I read HIS webpage to him... this is a cut and paste...

Shipping: Shipments within the continental US are sent via UPS unless the customer requests their package be shipped via Postal Service or it is an international shipment. There is a 10% shipping charge for orders under $500 with a minimum charge of $8.95; this does not include oversized or truck freight.

10%, right, my total was $139...COUNTING the $94 "free" item, still don't get to $15.50.
He was rude, accused me of not listening to their explanation...

it seems everyone wants to stick you for that extra dollar , huh?
be aware...
skip99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
stich626
Account Suspended

Re: bowtiebits bad customer relations

I think you should go try shipping that box at ups and see what it cost you,(insured)
a 4lb box withing my zone is over 12 bucks and we have an ups account..
now add the insurance and someone to box it.. ya I know, most think packing surplies are free.. they'r not..
stich626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
Maxxd07

Re: bowtiebits bad customer relations

Quote:
Originally Posted by stich626 View Post
I think you should go try shipping that box at ups and see what it cost you,(insured)
a 4lb box withing my zone is over 12 bucks and we have an ups account..
now add the insurance and someone to box it.. ya I know, most think packing surplies are free.. they'r not..
I think the quote and price he was given and found untrue was the problem. If they say 10% and dont honor it thats their problem not his. If it does cost more than they say they will charge then they need to change their quotes to justify.
Couple 70s
One 68
Maxxd07 is offline   Reply With Quote