The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
Smallz72project

LMC, recommendations?

So I am starting to put together parts list of things I need to get for my 67 so I can get it put together and start driving it. Things Im looking at...Heater core, fenders, hood, core support, grille, headlight/assembly, alt/headlight harness, and misc hardware/fasteners. I have always heard of and thumbed through LMC. But I know there are other vendors out there. CPP, ECE, KMarks, GMCPauls, so forth. Just wondering what the general census is on LMC in regards to quality, service. From what I have seen they are a bit cheaper then ECE and they offer free shipping for orders over a grand...which mine will end up being. Thanks in advance guys and keep on truckin!
Smallz72project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #2
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: LMC, recommendations?

Watch out for the * next to parts. Those are EXCLUDED from the free shipping, if memory serves me, that's just about ANY body panel... hood, fenders, etc... and they cost a lot of money to ship.

Do you have any large swap meets in your area? Or one within a couple hours you can travel to? You can see the panels in person, probably have a couple vendors to choose from, and no shipping. You can also look for vendors that are local to you and avoid shipping costs that way too. I drove down to kennesaw GA (about 4 hours round trip) to pick up a bunch of body panels I bought from Goodmark. Saved me A LOT of money.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #3
Rack Man

LMC is just OK in my book....their online catalog is the best for sure and they do stock most everything...price wise, they are usually kinda high....

I have found that the truck shop has about the best prices going...
http://www.truckandcarshop.com/truck...t60_cover.html

Also, Wes @ Classic Heartbeat is second to none in terms of customer service and knowledge about these trucks....
http://www.classicheartbeat.com/

RM

Last edited by Rack Man; 11-01-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Rack Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:28 PM   #4
vectorit
What?

My experience has been that most dealers get their stuff from the same places.

As much as I'd like to have a single all providing vendor, they just aren't out there. You need to spread out and shop them all, some charge more for shipping than the others.

Being that you have a 67, you will have limited choices. Since most cater to 69-72, so I suggest getting catalogs from all of the parts houses. Then make multiple shopping lists, thats what I have been forced to do over the years.

Don't get descouraged by their responses, since it's been my experience that when they say they don't have it know one will... That's a load of crap.

It just means that they only want to carry the popular parts, which is fine for business sake but the attitude the phone people portray can get maddening. Just don't give up just because the fancy catalog says it's not out there, because it is and you will just have to do some more leg work to get it.

The key is to just stay patient in your quest to find parts.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:15 AM   #5
unclewatts
70 Chevrolet=Obsession

I would say the most important thing about dealing with these on-line companies is that you gotta shop around which is pretty much what everyone else here is saying.

I'm Just like my truck. Old, Ugly and Grouchy. Except my truck starts easily in the morning and doesn't smoke!

IT'S NOT EASY BEING GREEN! -Kermit the frog

1970 Chevrolet C-10 Longbed Stepside :
350, Muncie M20, 3.08 GM corp. positraction Forest green exterior/light green interior(Where all my money goes)

1996 Toyota Corolla (Parts runner)
unclewatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:18 AM   #6
Smallz72project

Did a little more researching on the subject and think I will go ahead and order through LMC, they seem to list parts where others dont even have a category. The * means its an oversized part and there will be an over sized charge of $20.00 added to your order. On orders where more then one oversized part is purchased only one oversize charge will be applied. I put my list in the shopping cart and the shipping comes up as free still. Thanks for all your input and advice. Im super stoked to get this project rolling...literally and figurativly.
Smallz72project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:20 AM   #7
mclairmo

I like the truck and car shop, too, but never had them mail me anything. I just visit their location.
mclairmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:42 AM   #8
fine69

LMC blows. Order from anyone else.

Board member #6

fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:04 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Anything like a heater core I`d buy at a local parts house and save a bundle.I`d stick to the unavailable parts for the restoration parts dealers.Most service parts are available over the counter.

I`d recommend supporting a small guy that advertises here and supports the board.It`s our way to support them back.You`ll be dealing with a hobbyist who cares about these trucks and knows a good bit about them.
LMC is high on price.It`s good if you order enough for free shipping because by the time you hit $1000 you`ll have about $900 in parts if you`re lucky and their shipping adds insult to injury.The problem with a large order is you`ll be lucky to get all the correct parts.Your knowledge will exceed the order taker`s,in most cases.
Does it matter if everything is in stock?Do you need everything all at once or are you doing the work as time allows?

People pay 3x my price to Sears for siding because they are a large marketing corporation that everyone has heard of.They will send whatever subcontractor they may have dug up to do your job.I`ve been installing siding longer than Sears,I the salesman am the one who will install the siding as well as control the whole process.If I say we`re going to do it,it`ll be done.No lack of communication.But...who ever heard of me unless I was referred?Those people consider themselves lucky to have found me.Just like the site supporting vendors we are lucky to know here.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-02-2009 at 07:06 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:21 AM   #10
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

I really like Classic Parts. They have a real nice website and free shipping over 300 dollars. I've ordered from them a lot of times.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #11
bigdon-70blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclairmo View Post
I like the truck and car shop, too, but never had them mail me anything. I just visit their location.
They mailed me a butt load of stuff, and were great!
bigdon-70blazer is offline   Reply With Quote