The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-08-2019, 02:33 PM   #26
Jack15T

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy500 View Post
Im absolutely never swapping in a 700r4 now that i know all this.
When I bought this transmission from Monster transmission they assured me it was a bolt in swap with a different rear output shaft and the adapter from advance adapters. I specifically asked them if there were any fit issues or anything else that I would need to address. Of course they just flat out lied to me just to sell me a transmission. It is a shame the consumer doesn’t have better protection to hold outfits like this accountable for there BS. To bad I didn’t no about this 67-72 forum before I started this truck project. I never would have done the 700R4 swap. I’ll keep working the problem. Maybe it will work out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Jack15T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:35 PM   #27
Jack15T

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy500 View Post
Ok quick research but read 5 threads at least, 1310 u joint cv and transfer case yoke get it to barely clear. Not a cheap solution at all. New custom made driveshaft at about $400
Assuming your stock is 1330 joint....which i think it is.

You should have a 10 spline front output so this yoke will work at $90
SPICER 2-4-4021X
Thanks for the info Randy
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-08-2019, 02:38 PM   #28
Jack15T

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOM/10 View Post
To go to the flange yoke you need to change the front output shaft also, at least with stock GM parts. You might be able to find an aftermarket yoke.
I had every thing to change mine over, but still had a clearance issue, that's when I had Tom Woods build a shaft for me.

Changing the front output shaft with the transfer case in the truck is a PITA, it can be done but it's much easier out of the truck.

It,s been a few yrs since I did mine, so if I was to do it again I would check places like Torque King 4x4 / Off Road Design / Northwest Fab / Advanced Adapters and such to see what's available now. Maybe call them and describe your issue and see if they have a solution..

Gary
Thanks Gary
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-08-2019, 02:42 PM   #29
Jack15T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdav160 View Post
I have a 2" lift. No clearance issues. I tried to install an aluminum pan in the 700R4 and there was interference.

If your springs are original they've probably sagged enough to cause the clearance issue.

There might be enough space between the pan and valve body to clearance with a hammer.
Hi Dave, I just put new stock height springs on the truck so it’s not sagging. Which lift kit did you use for your 2 inch lift? Jack
Posted via Mobile Device