The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-27-2017, 07:53 PM   #1
c20pickup

wiper arm screws

could someone tell me the correct screws that belong in the cowl to hold the wiper shaft that connects to the arm. there should be 4 of them. i figured its a #10 screw with a #8 head. problem is used a 1" screw and it binds up on the offset metal bracket for the arm so the motor cant make its full swing. i realize a shorter screw is supposed to be there but the offset piece is so close to the bottom of that hole i don't believe it would have much if any holding power. i hope this rambling made sense.... thanks in advance
c20pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:38 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: wiper arm screws

Quote:
Originally Posted by c20pickup View Post
could someone tell me the correct screws that belong in the cowl to hold the wiper shaft that connects to the arm. there should be 4 of them. i figured its a #10 screw with a #8 head. problem is used a 1" screw and it binds up on the offset metal bracket for the arm so the motor cant make its full swing. i realize a shorter screw is supposed to be there but the offset piece is so close to the bottom of that hole i don't believe it would have much if any holding power. i hope this rambling made sense.... thanks in advance

They are a short, special taper head screw with a integral lock washer. They usually twist off if they are rusted at all. Here is a picture of one of the screws (short one) and a picture of one of the longer screws for mounting the wiper motor.

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:10 PM   #3
c20pickup

Re: wiper arm screws

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
They are a short, special taper head screw with a integral lock washer. They usually twist off if they are rusted at all. Here is a picture of one of the screws (short one) and a picture of one of the longer screws for mounting the wiper motor.

LockDoc
thanks for the reply! going to see if lmc has got some. they look pretty special
c20pickup is offline   Reply With Quote