The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-27-2017, 05:35 PM   #1
MASTERBrian

Switchback LED park light ??

Before I rewired the park lights, which I did while the engine was out, my park lights AND turn signals both seemed to work. At this time they were just factory style bulbs. 1960 Suburban with 63 or newer hood. I will add the truck wouldn't run when I bought it, but the lights and other things seemed to work.

While the engine was out, as I said I re-wired the harness going to the park/turn lights in the hood. I have yet to mess with the head light circuit, but I also re-wired the engine bay side of the engine related wiring. When I re-wired the park lights, I bought new lenses, new pigtails, new terminal ends, same firewall plug, but with new ends inside of it. Haven't touched the under dash wires, except to pull out wires that went no where and added things such as tach and oil gauge.

Since I got a battery and got the new engine going, I haven't had turn signal or park lights. Someone suggested a loose/bad ground, which i'm not discounting, but so far I haven't found that. Last night as I started messing with the rear brakes and beating on the drums to free them from shoes, I heard tick tick, tick tick....no lights going, but it was clearly coming from the add a turn/hazard switch located on the column...aftermarket thing I'm sure. I messed with it a bit and changed back from LED flasher to regular flasher and I got turn signals, but I still have no park lights. I also don't seem to have rear tail lights, but do have rear blinkers. The new bulbs are the LED Flashbacks that go from White to Amber when the turns are activated.

My question is, do those take a special re-wire or should they just be plug and play? If just plug and play, I'm probably looking for a bad ground, if not then how in the heck do I get these working? I'll see about going back to my old bulb to see what I can come up with, but I'm leaning towards something else....any ideas where to look?
MASTERBrian is offline   Reply With Quote