The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-24-2020, 02:51 AM   #1
'63GENIII

Have To Stay Home? What Are You Up To?

With most everything being up in the air these days, I really didn't want to sit home and watch the news. Besides trying to keep three of my kids engaged in the online home home schooling, I also need to keep my own head in the game.

I figured Id get back to some projects that I haven't had a chance to get to and try and make good use of the time.

Project #1. Repair the front bumper on my daughter's car. Hit on Xmas Eve. The bumper has been in the garage since early Feb. Its nice that its done now. She liked the primer look. I wanted to shoot it in the Java Black that the rest of the car is in....We'll see.

Project #2. Build a 16' x 18' floor in the unfinished area under the house. Its been unfinished since the house was built in '63. My wife's Grandfather always wanted to do this but passed before he could get to it. Im gonna give it a try. Hope to at least make some progress on blocking, sheer wall and floor joists within the next weeks.

Just trying to stay busy, not be idle and give the kids and wife some sense of normal. The girls have adjusted well to being at home. The boy not so much so Ive really been including him in the projects.

I know that these aren't particularly normal times. What are you guys up to to keep your house "normal"?
Attached Images

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
52" front and 63" rear spring swap
D44 / 14bff - disc axles
Milemarker 9K and 10.5K hydraulic winches

63" & B52 Spring Install http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ng+swap+thread

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

L29 - 7.4 Vortec Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&highlight=L29
'63GENIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:40 AM   #2
'63GENIII

Re: Have To Stay Home? What Are You Up To?

Don't know why the second pic was sideways..

The day that I knew Id be home for a while, I went to the lumber yard and picked up a bunch of 2 x 10s, 3/4 CDX, a handful of brackets, screws and a handful of odds and ends not knowing exactly what Id need. An old friend (in fact my best man) works there and I know they're getting their hours cut.

The boy and I will unload it tomorrow. Its been sitting long enough outside now.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why the pics are coming out sideways.
Attached Images

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
D44 / 14bff - disc axles

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

Old 03-24-2020, 04:01 AM   #3
'63GENIII

My son has been chomping at the bit to ride his BMX, or his mountain bike with his buddies. Most of his friends are on house arrest just like him these days. Their parents are keeping them close to home.

There are a couple of them that are out riding, hanging out in the parks and well, rubbing it in. My boy and I are pretty close. I haven't pulled any punches and have been pretty honest about what's going on and how we need to keep some distance. Heck, if he can't see his Grandparents, he certainly can't go hanging out with his friends. Even so, I know that seeing a couple of his friends out and about like its summer vacation while he is home schooling and working around the house is frying his arse.

He asked me on Saturday if I could help him build a BMX ramp. Whats a dad to do? Of course I said yes. He had a sketch that I helped him tune up. He used a Skill saw, jig saw, rattle gun. I helped him a little but most of it was on him. Including a little PM on the Skill saw. Hope to finish it up tomorrow so he can try out some of his tricks on it.
Attached Images

'63 k15 long step
D44 / 14bff - disc axles

Old 03-24-2020, 04:04 AM   #4
'63GENIII

Spent a few hours on it. The time flew by. Hoping to put the 1/2" plywood deck and 1/8" Masonite finish on it tomorrow.
Attached Images

'63 k15 long step
D44 / 14bff - disc axles

Old 03-24-2020, 05:11 AM   #5
72 tigger

Evel Knievel would be proud ^
Kirk
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:22 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

That was a great job from the drawing on. I'm staying busy with the house, so far. No truck time yet. I have a broken starter bolt to extract when I do get to the '72. I'm pretty broke so finding what I can do w/o spending money or very little. I have been going room by room not only painting but taking care of things I either never finished or changing things I don't like. Backing through the house leaving no details untended. It keeps my mind and hands occupied. Also mixing in work on the carport turned garage, yard work, and outside stuff on the house I passed over last summer when I painted the exterior.

We aren't locked down yet, so I hope to get going on an interior job soon. Just before this virus thing came along, the job I was doing got shut down for no building permit. I've had to go back to the drawing board on that mess. I don't expect to see that permit too soon, especially now

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:57 AM   #7
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

I've been tinkering around the house and doing little projects on Blue

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:17 AM   #8
cornerstone

Brake jobs on delivery trucks, finish tiling kitchen, cleaning up fence lines, sneak in a ride on the dirtbike.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:31 AM   #9
67C10Step

I work from home and my business falls into the "essential" since I support the power plants, paper mills, food plants, etc. in my part of the state. So, for the most part I am still working, just not travelling to customer sites.

BUT, that doesn't mean I don't slip off to the shop from time to time. Built an organizer for my daughter to hang on her wall and organize all her hair tie things. Pool pump had a leak and what sounded like a bad bearing in the motor last fall so I started pulling the pump for a tear down and repair.

Worked on getting drive line angles straightened out on my sons Tacoma. Finally got 99% or more of the vibration out. Found the output of the transmission and differential were not even close to being at the same angle. This is a stock height truck so I am disappointed the factory flunked drive line 101.

Also installed new wiring and lights on my trailer, including powered side markers with signals. Now that I have that all worked out at some point I'll pull it all back out and strip/repaint the old girl.

Doing a little on my truck but not much. Trying to get all the other stuff off my list first.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:32 AM   #10
rpmerf

Overall, I haven't been effected as much as my Wife and Daughter. Daughter is out of school, and the Wife got laid off. The Wife works real estate. She was working for another agent, so once things pick up again, she will likely be rehired. Me on the other hand, I get to work from home. I am still working 6am-2:30pm 5 days a week.

Been working on the gardens around the house.

Went out to the park for a hike on Sunday.

I got my Integra up on jack stands to replace a blown brake line. Having a hard time finding the motivation to get working on that.

Ordered a whole new set of exterior lights for my 97 Suburban. Will be putting those on.

Wife wants to do some painting. Not really feeling motivated on that job either.
1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z
rpmerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:44 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

Even those who are still working a normal schedule, that's where normal ends. All the things to do you can't do now are cramping your style, too.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 03-24-2020, 09:45 AM   #12
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Have To Stay Home? What Are You Up To?

We have been Remodeling our son house. They had just took a week off because they where gonna stay with us while the bathroom was redone. Well then the virus stuff hit. Then the bathroom floor was worse than we thought. Had to jack the back side of the house up and replace the seal wood boards in the bathroom corner of the house.
The house was built in 1925. It was updated to new codes before we bought it. Now it's been updated to our son and daughter laws life style.

I wished we would have know the condition of the hardwood floors in the bedrooms before buying the carpet and recovering them. Next time they will not get covered but refinished!
Still have a way's to go on it but it will be one very nice starter home and a good investment for us & them.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:06 AM   #13
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Well, I'm retired, so the only real effect is keeping close to home to avoid catching a life-threatening disease. Couple trips to the store for groceries, hardware store for a cheap piece of "maple" plywood and a handful of lag screws for a carving bench I'm building. Surfing the 'net, walking the dog. That's about it.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:17 AM   #14
special-K
Special Order

I've spent the past week trying to get some chicken!

Tim

Old 03-24-2020, 10:30 AM   #15
simicrintz

Rebuilding an old 185S that has been in the garage for a dozen years and and old Bayliner boat that has been neglected for almost 30 years (before and after picture after 9 hours of buffing and waxing). Stuff that always sounds less important than other things that need attention normally. Stay safe and healthy out there!
Attached Images

Last edited by simicrintz; 03-24-2020 at 06:11 PM.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:39 AM   #16
Ziegelsteinfaust

While my job is considered necessary our customers are not.

So I am watching my life go bankrupt. Starting at the beginning of the year I have taken a couple of vacations as getting days off in the summer is hard, and bought a couple of things I didnt need. All this while the "Virus" was still in china. Well that is biting me in the ass big time. Work was very steady all winter, and I was looking forward to the OT of summer. To finish paying it off quickly.

Basically I feel I am screwed financially if this goes on for more then another 2 weeks.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:07 AM   #17
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That is what I don't understand over here Tim, we are pretty much chicken grower capital for Perdue. Trucks all out on the highway and not one pack of chicken in any local store anywhere
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:10 AM   #18
special-K
Special Order

x2. Caught me at a really bad time, just when I was digging out from winter lined up to roll. This thing is going to have serious widespread economic impact. I don't think there's a person alive, in America at least, that has been through a thing like this. No one knows the outcome at this point

Tim

Old 03-24-2020, 12:40 PM   #19
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Well, I'm retired, so the only real effect is keeping close to home to avoid catching a life-threatening disease. Couple trips to the store for groceries, hardware store for a cheap piece of "maple" plywood and a handful of lag screws for a carving bench I'm building. Surfing the 'net, walking the dog. That's about it.
Dang, it's almost like looking in the mirror. Pretty much describes me except for the hardware store & bench. Oh, add some TV time. Cabin fever starting to set in but nothing I can't handle yet.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:52 PM   #20
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

I'm living at my desk, for now. I've had a stack of work I've been trying to get caught up on for months. Should keep me occupied for a few weeks. We have lost some work, so might slow up after that.

If that happens, I have a giant 2,000 SF shop that needs to be finished.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:06 PM   #21
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
It must be coming to California because I have't had a problem with getting yardbird.
I did have a chicken disappear though. My wife bought one of those rotisserie chickens from the market and it disappeared off the counter. My dog was mysteriously missing as well.

Yup. He got it. She found him in the back yard eating it. She threw what was left to the crows. Which really ticked him off. He hates it when we feed "His" food to the birds.

Here's the chicken thief sleeping off his chicken dinner.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:01 PM   #22
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Watch him for awhile to make sure the bones don't cause him any problems. Raw bird bones are good for dogs, cooked bones not so much.

Our wolfdog has been known to pluck things off the counter or the kitchen table. No whole chickens, though. Sneaky devils....

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:22 PM   #23
'63GENIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
It must be coming to California because I have't had a problem with getting yardbird.
I did have a chicken disappear though. My wife bought one of those rotisserie chickens from the market and it disappeared off the counter. My dog was mysteriously missing as well.

Yup. He got it. She found him in the back yard eating it. She threw what was left to the crows. Which really ticked him off. He hates it when we feed "His" food to the birds.

Here's the chicken thief sleeping off his chicken dinner.

Reminds me of "Christmas Story". "DAMN BUMPUSES!"

Hope the pooch is ok. He does look like he has a food coma going on though!

'63 k15 long step
D44 / 14bff - disc axles

Old 03-24-2020, 02:35 PM   #24
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Watch him for awhile to make sure the bones don't cause him any problems. Raw bird bones are good for dogs, cooked bones not so much.

Our wolfdog has been known to pluck things off the counter or the kitchen table. No whole chickens, though. Sneaky devils....
No doubt, we had a brown Chesapeake that got into the trash and got bound up on chicken bones. $3200 surgery & $1200 worth of door and wall repairs later he was back to his simple self. Did I mention he refused to be locked up while healing.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:35 PM   #25
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

He's fine. Just the Tryptophan kicking in. The chicken was cooked. And it looked really good although I wouldn't know if it was or not. I never got a shot at it.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote