The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-07-2017, 06:15 PM   #26
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: What you working on today?

As always Andy ,,you are making something out of something else,, looks like your're doing a fine job again..

and all you others too are busy or resting or saying you need to do something and that's the way it is

as for me I am down on the Snake River Camping and doing a little fishing and mostly Bull crapping at the camp site ,,I caught a 24 inch Cat and a couple bass ,,turned them loose ,, just laid back drinking a cold one and doing fine down in Hells Canyon away from most of the smoke from the fires out west that is blowing smoke this way ..
Old 09-07-2017, 06:52 PM   #27
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: What you working on today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressbog View Post
Researching where to find passenger door glass and drivers side rear glass. Need to find some rims and hubcaps too.
You looking for original glass. Try SUNDELL AUTO SPECIALTIES

CALL 704-434-6759 FAX 704-434-9365
TEXT 704-473-3916

https://www.sundellauto.com/

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:54 PM   #28
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: What you working on today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
As always Andy ,,you are making something out of something else,, looks like your're doing a fine job again..

and all you others too are busy or resting or saying you need to do something and that's the way it is

as for me I am down on the Snake River Camping and doing a little fishing and mostly Bull crapping at the camp site ,,I caught a 24 inch Cat and a couple bass ,,turned them loose ,, just laid back drinking a cold one and doing fine down in Hells Canyon away from most of the smoke from the fires out west that is blowing smoke this way ..
Thanks. It doesn't come in a nice pakage so I just slid it into the plastic holder for the ease of something to keep it together and that would hold it to the visor!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:00 PM   #29
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68C15 View Post
Had my first adventure with making stair stringers. The deck is on uneven ground so prefab stringers wouldn't work. All said and done all rises are identical and same with treads.
Tomorrow night I'll frame out for the lattice skirting then start on the railing
Every time I see or install carpet on stairs I think that carpenters are genius'. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around phythagoreums theorem.
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:08 PM   #30
Andy4639
Old member

I worked on my friends golf cart today that I brought home from the beach yesterday.
I fixed the lights, turn signals, radio and the battery meter. He has a 12 volt battery running everything. Had to take the dash a part and trace out the wiring.

I think he is going to have to buy a new battery though.
I thinik he will be tickled pink though!
Can you guess which cart is his and which is mine?

Oh yea I got the head of the bike welded and painted the fenders on Rhett's stroller!
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Last edited by Andy4639; 09-09-2017 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:09 PM   #31
In The Ten Ring

More time spent with dad putting the front end back onto my truck. Definitely a test of patience. Making good progress though.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 11:29 AM   #32
Andy4639
Old member

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post
More time spent with dad putting the front end back onto my truck. Definitely a test of patience. Making good progress though.
Sounds like some good times there! Nothing better than getting help from family.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 09-10-2017, 07:18 PM   #33
Andy4639
Old member

Ordered the 13" high ape handle bars yesterday for it. Hope to have it at Redneck Engineering Friday to get the forks lengthened. I hope.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 09-12-2017, 05:04 PM   #34
Andy4639
Old member

Irma came through her last night at 30MPH winds and gust's up to 60MPH. Power went out about 5:30 yesterday and has just come back on about 1 hr ago. I didn't go to work but did work cleaning up the debri in the yard and worked a little on my Chopper bike.

I had a S/S sissy bar made for it and test fitted it today. No power so just drilled the lower holes to mount it but need to make some seat brackets to mount it up top to.
Going to add just enough fork to let the front tire touch the ground when kick stand is down.
Still waiting on my parts from Fla.
They maybe awhile!
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Last edited by Andy4639; 09-12-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:08 PM   #35
In The Ten Ring

Today I am making some home renovation plans and getting ready to go do my workout. I made a list of the "must do's" before winter.

I just cooked up and ate a steak.....red meat....mmmm!
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:54 PM   #36
Square up 84

Smile Re: What you working on today?

I'm going to attempt to sand and prime and spray it satin white top. Gotta remember how to measure out the paint lol
Attached Images

Square up 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:34 AM   #37
Andy4639
Old member

Well Irma had the mail and other deliveries messed up for a few days but I finally got my parts for the chopper!
I got the pedals, crank,chain and chain guard and installed. Hope later today I'll have my longer forks done.
I ordered my ape bars from Bike Wagon on line.... I do not recommend these people at all...I have been waiting all week and I paid for 2 days shipping and nothing! I want ever buy from them again ever. Irma had no effect on them out west!
But anyway here are the updated pictures for today.
I tried riding it in the yard and it was impossible with the handle bars.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 09-15-2017, 09:35 PM   #38
Andy4639
Old member

Unhappy Re: What you working on today?

Handle bars showed up this afternoon. Only a week late!
Rhett & me checking it out!
Got 48" tubes cut for it. Got to weld the tabs and plugs in the top to mount it though.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 09-15-2017, 09:58 PM   #39
GOPAPA

You gotta be the favorite grandpa.. good work Andy ,,any kid would like this ride
Old 09-15-2017, 11:07 PM   #40
Andy4639
Old member

Quote:
You gotta be the favorite grandpa.. good work Andy ,,any kid would like this ride
Thanks. Unfortunately we are his only grandparents. I'm loving every minute of it to! My daughter and him are living with us now. His dad only see's him on Sunday with either my daughter are me. Court ordered because of his past problems.
Long story so I leave it at this.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 09-16-2017, 06:37 PM   #41
Andy4639
Old member

I had new forks made so I welded up the front tire mounts and the bolt bung in the top of it to mount it with. I have new brakes ordered for the ape bars so it will be ride able by next weekend I hope!
I coasted down the drive way today and well lets just say I need some practice at riding a bike again! No video's are pictures!
I'm going to have to play with the handle bars to figure out the best spot for them also.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 09-17-2017, 07:29 PM   #42
Andy4639
Old member

Took the chopper over to RedNeck engineering and had some new front forks made for it. I welded the front wheel lugs and the threaded end plug in myself.
I loaded it on the ramp truck to take it.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 09-24-2017, 06:59 PM   #43
Andy4639
Old member

I've been busy this weekend. I got rear brakes installed and new front fender mounts made and installed. + my sister found a 60's model Banana seat for it. She didn't low ball the guy either but got it for $32.00 that's what he was asking for it! I was very happy! I aslo washed it good and cleaned up the rust off the wheels.
Now to make the mounts work for it. I'll have to break out the grinder and welder I guess.
Here is a video of a 57 year old kid riding his chopper again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6XA12xafsQ
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 09-27-2017, 07:03 AM   #44
Andy4639
Old member

My sis found me a original 60's Banana seat for the bike. I got it installed last night and man it made a world of difference in the ride. I have enough knee room now to pedal and turn it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6XA12xafsQ
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 10-09-2017, 07:23 AM   #45
Andy4639
Old member

Couple of updated pictures. Got the Chopper forks swapped out and handle bars installed on the last one. Mine will have to wait for parts to arrive.
Disc brakes going on mine so I still have to swap all that out and get the brackets made for the disc setup. Front is almost done. Just got to weld it up.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 10-09-2017, 08:20 AM   #46
GOPAPA

Andy,,them bikes would sure look good in the bed of my truck at a car/truck show.. nice work your're doing on them
Old 10-09-2017, 11:47 AM   #47
Andy4639
Old member

Quote:
Andy,,them bikes would sure look good in the bed of my truck at a car/truck show.. nice work your're doing on them
Thanks. I had them on the ramp truck this past weekend at our local club picnic.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 10-09-2017, 10:19 PM   #48
fine69

Worked installing osb sheathing on the front of my new garage.
Attached Images

Board member #6

fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:49 AM   #49
Andy4639
Old member

Question Re: What you working on today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Worked installing osb sheathing on the front of my new garage.
That looks great sir! That's going to be a nice shop. How big is it?

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 10-10-2017, 07:47 PM   #50
fine69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
That looks great sir! That's going to be a nice shop. How big is it?
It’s 24 x 24. 8 foot ceilings downstairs. Same upstairs.
Attached Images

Board member #6

fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote