The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-22-2019, 04:58 AM   #1
Simple10

Compliance plate?

Hey guys where should the compliance plate be riveted on a 1971 c10?

I can see the vin number when I open the door on the pillar, just thought there would be more.

And I found this picture in a lot of documents I have where is it located? Looks like the back of glove box?
Attached Images

Simple10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #2
clay68c10

Re: Compliance plate?

That’s pretty much it, the VIN tag on the pillar is the one that counts most places in the US.
There’s a couple of partial VINs stamped on the left frame rail, ideally those should match the riveted plate.
Yes, the SPID (options list) is located inside the glovebox door.
05 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. 3” lift & 6-speed
02 E320 the insurance total “free car”
13 Tahoe LTZ
clay68c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:13 AM   #3
Fraud

What data specifically are you looking for? The one inside the door is the official one (should have Rosette rivets, not round ones), but if the cab has been swapped onto a different chassis at some point it may not match the (inconvenient) stamps on the chassis

Does the spec (colour/wheelbase/options) on that spid (glovebox sticker) match the truck?

Has it already been imported to Australia? If so and it has been registered, you will find a separate compliance plate that has been attached somewhere...

I'm following this as I'll be taking mine to Australia as a personal import at some point in the next few years and I'm trying to stay ahead of any issues I may encounter if you've got any lessons to share I'd love to hear them!
Fraud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:14 AM   #4
Simple10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraud View Post
What data specifically are you looking for? The one inside the door is the official one (should have Rosette rivets, not round ones), but if the cab has been swapped onto a different chassis at some point it may not match the (inconvenient) stamps on the chassis

Does the spec (colour/wheelbase/options) on that spid (glovebox sticker) match the truck?

Has it already been imported to Australia? If so and it has been registered, you will find a separate compliance plate that has been attached somewhere...

I'm following this as I'll be taking mine to Australia as a personal import at some point in the next few years and I'm trying to stay ahead of any issues I may encounter if you've got any lessons to share I'd love to hear them!
None in particular, yeah already imported and registered in Australia , just thought I’d have more Info, but apparently thats all it has, info on a piece of paper stuck in the glove box door , everything seems to match up, even have the USA title with it, same vin number and engine number

The spid is just a photo taken of it before the resto work for obvious reason, diff glove box.

Oh and the colour isn’t original, it’s called guards red (Porsche colour) the only other plate that’s on it is for wheels approval 20 rear 18 front
Attached Images

Simple10 is offline   Reply With Quote