The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-11-2017, 03:09 AM   #1
Blazerowner

Ebay Highlander?

The spid says highlander. Mine says special promotional. Is it the earlier models that actually said highlander?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/1972-Chevrole...EAAOSwdSRZ~67k

Last edited by Blazerowner; 11-11-2017 at 03:21 AM.
Blazerowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:03 AM   #2
mrtoni

Re: Ebay Highlander?

Is that referring to highlander orange plaid upholstery or the whole highlander package?
mrtoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:11 AM   #3
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

My understanding is the earlier examples ordered with plaid interior had highlander on the spid while the later examples that accompanied the various end of model year "promo packages" that bundled other options like tilt columns and AC had special promotional on the spid. There are more pics of this blazer on the k5 plaid thread. It's member owned and a great example of a St. Louis built highlander with white interior paint accents not yet shown to exist on Flint built plaid k5s.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:40 PM   #4
orangek5

This truck is also listed on Denvers CL

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...382104994.html
1972 Short Stepside 305ci v8
1972 Blazer 2WD CST LS9 350ci 4sp
1999 4 Door LB 1 Ton Old Body Style 5.7 v8
orangek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:34 AM   #5
Cap'n Hook
Workin to live...

"This Blazer came loaded from the factory..." except no tach, tilt, or a/c, lol. Be careful the salesmen out there.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:45 PM   #6
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Hook View Post
"This Blazer came loaded from the factory..." except no tach, tilt, or a/c, lol. Be careful the salesmen out there.
The salesman is a board member who I've personally met. He's not unscrupulous and has documented the work done to this vehicle in photos posted here on the board.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
Old 11-12-2017, 01:04 PM   #7
Blazerowner

I’m pretty surprised how well the interior has held up especially being white. My highlander covers are long gone and I have been waiting on a set from truckseats. I’m happy to see it’s getting up there in price. Makes me feel like I stole mine when I bought it 5 years ago. It’s funny even when I show my wife what they are going for she’s the one who says I’m never selling it. When do you hear that.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:22 PM   #8
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

I hope your highlander interior from Tim and Larry doesn't take a year to arrive and involve as much prodding and inquiry as mine took. Good luck.

Make sure Larry aligns the pattern correctly on the front bucket covers.

Old 11-12-2017, 07:39 PM   #9
Blazerowner

He told me at least 6 months so hopefully it comes. Not much choice to go anywhere else and I paid for the scroll as well. Was your fronts not aligned?
Old 11-13-2017, 09:26 AM   #10
ClassicStyle

I got my fronts in two weeks, took a year to get fabric for the backseat, fabric didn’t match, so now I have a new set, 12-13 months in total. No scroll, as that was another couple of weeks “maybe”
Old 11-13-2017, 09:40 AM   #11
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazerowner View Post
He told me at least 6 months so hopefully it comes. Not much choice to go anywhere else and I paid for the scroll as well. Was your fronts not aligned?
Correct. The plaid pattern is supposed to be centered if you will and matches side to side in terms of alignment. One broad "band" of the pattern runs centrally top to bottom. The rear seat pattern varies in terms of alignment as far as I know. I've attached a pic that shows Larry's initially misaligned cover. After working with me Larry is well aware of the correct alignment. Despite knowing he continues to provide misaligned front covers - I know of another member who received a bad cover. It's easy to pass off a misaligned cover as most folks haven't taken the time to look that closely.

More on my experience and that of others w Tim and Larry here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=740358
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2017, 12:17 PM   #12
Blazerowner

I’m going to let truckseats know. I probably wouldn’t have noticed it. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:43 PM   #13
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

You bet. All bucket seat plaid is centered as shown here
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2017, 10:47 PM   #14
Cap'n Hook
Workin to live...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
The salesman is a board member who I've personally met. He's not unscrupulous and has documented the work done to this vehicle in photos posted here on the board.
Ok, but it's still not "loaded from the factory" lol. As a matter of fact, without those three options, its exactly the opposite of "loaded from the factory". I'm not saying the truck isn't what's pictured, but let's not push the sales tactics on those less informed of these trucks. These trucks came mostly all the same, with the only major options being A/C, a tachometer, and tilt steering.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:13 PM   #15
Blazerowner

I agree it’s not “loaded” but if you pay this kind of money and don’t have a good knowledge of what you’re buying then so be it. I research any purchase of this magnitude thoroughly because I don’t like buyers remorse. Fine to point it out, but buyers need to do their homework.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:39 PM   #16
SoCoC10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazerowner View Post
I’m pretty surprised how well the interior has held up especially being white. My highlander covers are long gone and I have been waiting on a set from truckseats. I’m happy to see it’s getting up there in price. Makes me feel like I stole mine when I bought it 5 years ago. It’s funny even when I show my wife what they are going for she’s the one who says I’m never selling it. When do you hear that.

I too was shocked when disassembling for rust repair, to find manufacturers name and dates on the interior pieces. Here is the carpet tag, back of CST close out panels and what is left of the jacking instructions on the left rear wheel house.
Attached Images

SoCoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:52 PM   #17
SoCoC10

Quote:
Ok, but it's still not "loaded from the factory" lol. As a matter of fact, without those three options, its exactly the opposite of "loaded from the factory". I'm not saying the truck isn't what's pictured, but let's not push the sales tactics on those less informed of these trucks. These trucks came mostly all the same, with the only major options being A/C, a tachometer, and tilt steering.
If you read the ad I did change the verbiage and omitted the "loaded from the factory". The CST package with all the trim, consol, sportier seats etc. is what I was trying to relay as "loaded" comparingly speaking to base optioned Blazers.

That being said if I have a 307ci 2 barrel carb, manual steering and brakes, 3 OTT Trans, rubber floor mat,utility bucket seats, no back seat with A/C, tach and tilt does that qualify as a "loaded from the factory" Blazer? To me it doesn't.

Either way I enjoyed my time with it, enjoyed the restoration and the new owner knows exactly what he is getting.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:33 PM   #18
Cap'n Hook
Workin to live...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCoC10 View Post
That being said if I have a 307ci 2 barrel carb, manual steering and brakes, 3 OTT Trans, rubber floor mat,utility bucket seats, no back seat with A/C, tach and tilt does that qualify as a "loaded from the factory" Blazer? To me it doesn't.
If you're gonna ask about hypothetical scenario, then yes, a truck with ALL THREE OPTIONS (tach, tilt, and A/C) as listed on NADA is LOADED! At least in my mind, because according to NADA that's the ONLY thing that adds actual value to these trucks. Now if you're taking about personal taste, to me a 307ci 2 barrel carb, manual steering and brakes, 3 OTT Trans, rubber floor mat,utility bucket seats, no back seat makes no difference on ACTUAL value and are just OPTIONS that have no or add no value to me.

Just my opinion as I've owned a few, good luck with sale!
Old 11-20-2017, 12:12 AM   #19
SoCoC10

Quote:
If you're gonna ask about hypothetical scenario, then yes, a truck with ALL THREE OPTIONS (tach, tilt, and A/C) as listed on NADA is LOADED! At least in my mind, because according to NADA that's the ONLY thing that adds actual value to these trucks. Now if you're taking about personal taste, to me a 307ci 2 barrel carb, manual steering and brakes, 3 OTT Trans, rubber floor mat,utility bucket seats, no back seat makes no difference on ACTUAL value and are just OPTIONS that have no or add no value to me.

Just my opinion as I've owned a few, good luck with sale!
Earlier this year I helped a friend of mine sell his Hugger Orange Highlander and just for fun I tried to book his 69 Mustang Shelby GT500 convertible. NADA doesn't even list the Shelby option. Closest book I got came up with a $95,000 value which is about half of what the vehicle is worth.

His Highlander went to Green Bay Wisconsin. Mine sold Tuesday and is on the way to Omaha Nebraska.