The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
Lou Boffa

GMC Pauls vs Brother's

First off--I'm a fan of Brothers. Bought lots of good stuff from them and will continue to do so. BUT..bought 2 items from them--7 hole instr. cluster bezel and wiper arms... Black on the bezel was literally flaking off as I removed it from the plastic bag. Wiper arms--first time I lifted them (gently) the keeper springs popped off.. 2 times, different arms and they are rusting after 60 days. Replaced with items from GMC Pauls..way better quality. Wiper arms have strong springs. Bezel is perfect. IMHO for these 2 items, I'd recomment GMC Pauls.
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
hockeyjerk1

Re: GMC Pauls vs Brother's

I just installed the cluster bezel I bought last xmas from Classic Ind. and the black is flaking off, guess I'll have to repaint it, damn repop junk
hockeyjerk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
leddzepp

If you buy weatherstripping, go with GMCPaul hands down. He sells Precision brand which fits better than anything else on the market.
Posted via Mobile Device

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
codeJbird

I bought wiper arms from Brothers over 7 months ago. Not had any issues so far. Just ordered cluster bezel from them and now I'm worried. If it turns out junk, who has a good cluster?
Old 07-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #5
Lou Boffa

so far the GMC Pauls i just got looks good. Black is solid, chrome is in well done.
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #6
Nathans71

My purchases from GMC Pauls have been top notch. Never disappointed. Installed some window w/s this week, went in perfect.
Nathans71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #7
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

I agree, everything I have ever purchased from GMC Pauls was top notch.

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

The mega-vendors tend to sell whatever is cheapest for them to buy. The Mom & Pop vendors tend to sell what they find to be best. They are in the business through being fellow enthusiasts and they don't have a customer service department staffed to keep returned junk orders revolving,take complaints,or absorb the losses this creates. They want to avoid that headache,not accept it as what it takes to operate in volume. They are lower volume and every order counts to them. They may even remember your order if it has been placed recently if you have reason to call on it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #9
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
The mega-vendors tend to sell whatever is cheapest for them to buy. The Mom & Pop vendors tend to sell what they find to be best. They are in the business through being fellow enthusiasts and they don't have a customer service department staffed to keep returned junk orders revolving,take complaints,or absorb the losses this creates. They want to avoid that headache,not accept it as what it takes to operate in volume. They are lower volume and every order counts to them. They may even remember your order if it has been placed recently if you have reason to call on it.
you called that very correctly. I've thrown ALOT of parts away after bring 1 of an item in to check it to see if we wanted to carry a particular brand. A good example of the big stores is those lousy imported fuel neck grommets they all buy for $2.50 or less that are imported. they rot in 6months to a year. they KNOW they rot in 6 months to a year. they could buy the American made version for the price they sell the imported version for. They all know of the American version. But they figure only 1-2 in 10 will complain they'll then send another imported version and the customer gives up 6 months later when it rots again thinking they are all junk. Why do they do this. They make more money selling the cheap version over the quality. I want quality. I don't want headaches or problems with a bad product. If its bad I don't carry it period. If its a acceptable part and the only one available I'll explain its only acceptable and why in the description.
I don't want crap, you don't either so why bother with it. Continually here guys say only 1 company makes that part. WAY WRONG most every part has at least 3-4 manufacturers and some like the dash bezels have a half dozen or more with varying degrees of quality. Fenders again 5-6 manufacturers minimum for the 67-72 trucks. About the only parts that have 1 manufacturer are the very newly released parts that haven't been made before and the 67-68 & 69-72 cowl hoods. Look online and you'll see basically Everyone still selling the 67-68 cowl hood & standard hood. A few years ago these were a great product. Now they are trash, the wholesalers buying them know they are trash but say they continue to buy them to sell more as a favor to the retailers & retail buyers so they have a option, the manufacturers that making them has been told of all the problems with them. the manufacturer states were making the same as always. BULL I've got several of the earlier versions and they have crisp clean lines and were a simple bolt on. NOW though they have additional body lines, uneven edges & widths, etc... A award winning body shop recently couldn't even begin to get one to work and in their opinion the only way to have a good 67-68 cowl hood was to cut the cowl off the reproduction and graft it to a original. but since they can form one for less than buying a reproduction to cut up which route do you think they choose. Well I won't sell them anymore because I'm sorry offering a guy a product to give him a option that then can't be used or looks like crap unless you invest twice the money or more in correcting it is WRONG.
Just my take on things. Thanks guys for your continued support we try to make you and ourselves happy with our products cause we all have enough problems without dealing with crappy parts. Time for some then off to a 200+ family reunion. You all have a great weekend!!
Paul @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #10
Superdrag67

This thread is making me feel good about the brake kit I ordered Thursday from GMC Pauls! If it wasn't for this forum I probably wouldn't have known about him.
Superdrag67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #11
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

Paul is the man and will continue to get my business.

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #12
mr_earnhardt1

Well I haven't purchased anything from GMC Paul yet, but I can tell you that out of a $2500 order from Brother's I had to return over half of it. I had the same issue with a bezel from there as well. They made it right, but it took FOREVER to get my parts!!!!! Literally MONTHS! My Son was sooooo disappointed! Every box we opened there was something f'd up. Thanks to a few great guys on here we came up with some very nice stuff to take the place of the junk we had bought and had to return. I've gotten some nice stuff from Brother's in the past, but I'll be rethinking where I buy in the future!!! Just my two cents. :/
mr_earnhardt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #13
Tim Christian

Brothers use to sell a USA made dash bezel. Did they quit?
Tim Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:53 PM   #14
truckdude239

I only only ordered from brothers once and had issuses the parts where on back order with no email saything that and it did not say it online. I canceled the order after 2 weeks and ordered the same thing from from gmc pauls and had it in 3 days
Posted via Mobile Device

1971 Chevy c-10 under going a 4.8l LSx swap

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=421305

2007 Honda Accord my daily 145kmiles
2002 Honda Accord 4 door With 330k(sisters car)
2005 toyota Avalon 228k( brothers car)
2002 Sububran 5.3 245k
2000 Tahoe 5.3l 378

General manager for Marco's Carwash & lube
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #15
ChevyGearHeads

Me and my dad just ordered a very well built crossmember from GMCPAULS and it was only $80! I am a new customer. It was great quality and the welds were beautiful. They have my business
ChevyGearHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #16
cdowns

the few things i ever got from gmc pauls turned out being brothers products dropshipped to me// so i found no real difference
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #17
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdowns View Post
the few things i ever got from gmc pauls turned out being brothers products dropshipped to me// so i found no real difference
We do buy from Brothers wholesale division Jordans some items because they are the best quality. Currently we carry probably around 30 or 40 of their parts.
Paul @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #18
1971 K10 shortbox

Drop shipping from another supplier isn't uncommon. I was looking for some new body side moldings, and heard that Mar-k were the best. Called Brothers and found out the set they sell is drop shipped from Mar-k. It is even cheaper to buy them from Brothers rather than directly from Mar-k.
1971 K10 shortbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #19
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971 K10 shortbox View Post
Drop shipping from another supplier isn't uncommon. I was looking for some new body side moldings, and heard that Mar-k were the best. Called Brothers and found out the set they sell is drop shipped from Mar-k. It is even cheaper to buy them from Brothers rather than directly from Mar-k.
That's funny, cause I thought the same thing. I was told on the phone I would be getting a Mar-K set. I went to pick it up and that was not the case. They tried to pull a bait and switch on me with other moulding. I got my money back and that is the last time I will do business with them.
Posted via Mobile Device

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:25 PM   #20
flashed

I like Pauls stuff .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #21
69Rumbler

I was going to order from GMC / but I thought it was bull.... that they don't have a phone number , I give all my money I can to laid back ( they are a vendor on here Shara always answers all my question threw PM or over the phone .) she always willing to work with you as well , they even price match if you find some a better price somewhere else . They pretty much carry everything as well check them out .
Old 05-10-2014, 12:39 AM   #22
screaminchevypickup
Laid Back

Thanks for the kind words rumbler!!

Kyle

Direct dealers for..

Vintage Air, Porterbuilt, Billet Specialties,Budnik wheels ,eddie motorsports, raceline wheels, intro wheels, Dakota Digital, precision, unisteer, Trimparts, and many many more... Laid Back Recreations.. Full restoration shop and full paint and body..

Kyle

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=574629
screaminchevypickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:46 AM   #23
gsxrdoug
1970 C10 six

I order all my drop suspension from Paul and he actually guided me in the right direct because at the time it was a big block 402 and I need the correct springs. Great product. But like everyone else says you must shop around to find the highest quality from all the sources. Kinda hard though figure out which is carrying the best at the best price.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #24
ChevyGearHeads

Second purchase from Paul's. I got Heater Controls and I am very Pleased. Another great purchase and very satisfied Thank you for doing such great business !
ChevyGearHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:39 PM   #25
pappy 2

I can now respond to this thread. 3 wks. after ordering the 1 pc. window kit, I finally have all the order. BELIVE it or not the original shipment was missing the 2 pcs. glass. After 3-4 phone calls and sending pictures of ???missing glass??? I have finally rec. the glass. I doubt this would have happened had I not filed a claim with Pay-Pal. Only then did I receive a phone call from a supervisor. Before filing the Pay-Pal claim I don't think my issue was all that important to Brothers Trucks.

I will not be making any future purchases from, or recommending Brothers Trucks to anyone.
pappy 2 is offline   Reply With Quote