The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-19-2014, 06:52 PM   #1
Snailed

Thumbs down My CPP disc brake kit experience 6370SWBK-6D Ball joint video inside

I was missing parts needed to install the kit (hub seal, jam nuts, grease fitting) and they wouldn't send them and then once I got all my parts collected and it did this on the first drive they had no interest in helping me fix this noise, caused my their ball joints which I paid good money for. I put in a pair of NAPA Chassis Parts lowers and they are nice and smooth now with no noise. I ended up spending $100 to fix this "kit".

I'm ok with selling cheap import parts, everyone does it, but there needs to be good service to go with it. If you opt for the $18 import ball joints at any parts store they will sure as hell replace them for you if they sound like this. CPP sucks as a company. I'm embarrassed to have their parts on my '66 now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMrm...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-20-2014, 12:22 AM   #2
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: My CPP disc brake kit experience 6370SWBK-6D Ball joint video inside

I had a truck do that same exact thing it needed greasing and the noise went away. It needs to be jacked up under the a frame and grease the joint

Missing parts is a trade mark of CPP. The most used lines from CS at CPP are:

It must have been in the box we wouldn't have sent it out if it were missing.....

You must not know how to install it, the book says its the right kit. No one else has called with this issue.......

Its going to ship tomorrow......

It wasn't on a 6 week back order when I told you we had it.....

Not to pour salt in the wound but you can't get top rate customer service paying rock bottom prices there is just no room in the price of the part to do that.

I don't pay extra taxes, go to Vegas or buy from CPP all for the same reasons. Next time you think of buying from CPP put your $100 bill on lotto and a good steak. At least you end up with a good steak and you'll know where your hundred went and have the same odds of getting what you want.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:03 AM   #3
specialtyretail
So,, what else you got???

Man, aint that the truth....
Old 06-20-2014, 07:05 PM   #4
Snailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcsr View Post
I had a truck do that same exact thing it needed greasing and the noise went away. It needs to be jacked up under the a frame and grease the joint.
I must have a different truck than the one you worked on. I taped up the joints before installing to prevent contamination, greased them BEFORE letting it down. Drove it in the yard, greased them again with it on the ground and this video is the result. I wish grease could fix poorly made parts but it can't.

You sure can buy cheap things and get good service. It's the business model of many a successful business. CPP just doesn't do that. I buy many thousands of dollars of aftermarket hot rod parts a month and every now and again I get defective ones. My vendors choose to replace these parts for me at a loss so I continue to do business with them. As does Wally world, LL Bean, Radio Shack, NAPA, O'Rileys, Home Despot and a million other companies that hock low quality parts and goods. They eat the defects and sell volume to make profit. CPP is an exception and that's why I thought I would make a post about it. It's rediculious to say you can't get good service on cheap parts...I get it all the time and so does everyone else that buys the junky products Americans demand.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:29 AM   #5
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snailed View Post

I buy many thousands of dollars of aftermarket hot rod parts a month and every now and again I get defective ones. My vendors choose to replace these parts for me at a loss so I continue to do business with them. As does Wally world, LL Bean, Radio Shack, NAPA, O'Rileys, Home Despot and a million other companies that hock low quality parts and goods. It's ridiculous to say you can't get good service on cheap parts...I get it all the time and so does everyone else that buys the junky products Americans demand.
Lets look at this. You buy thousands of dollars an month in parts, then why go to these people? Others sell that same kit was it the cheap price?.

Walmart, sells at highly inflated prices for what they have and you absolutely never get good service there. If by chance you do get some good service then buy that steak and buy a lottery ticket

LL Bean is a very expensive for clothing so they can afford to give great service and eat the loss,

Radio shack doesn't sell one single american made product and sells at huge margins,

NAPA and OReilly are top dollar sellers as well and can always send the part back to the maker, moog, raysbestos for a refund. Moog carries the warranty, compare them against Rockauto and you'll see just how over priced they are

Home depot are lot buyers, they buy left over lots and then retail them, They have no other choice but to refund your money because if you buy tile from them one week you may never get a match next week because its all left over surplus, when ever you go down an isle and make eye contact with an employee they turn and go back the other way. How is that good service.

With exception of Home depot the other vendor you mentioned the end buyer rarely modifies or installs the items they purchase , NAPA an OReilly is mainly installed by a pro. CPP is rarely installed by a pro and they know that, that's why its so easy for them to say you did something wrong.

CPP carries the warranty because the china shop won't, how do you send a ball joint back to china for a refund and still make money? I only buy from third parties like Rock auto never from a direct importer like CPP. I can send a part back to a third party retailer but direct importers usually won't warranty anything they sell past 30 days.

I stand by it , if you buy cheap you get cheap. just my experience.

My truck was a 72 C10 so its very similar to yours.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote