The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-01-2016, 06:43 AM   #126
GMCPaul

Re: GMC paul door seals are great!

Several 100 sets sold to members since the beginning of the year 2016 would love to hear your feedback? on the new design and fit
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:12 PM   #127
Rob C

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
Several 100 sets sold to members since the beginning of the year 2016 would love to hear your feedback? on the new design and fit
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
Just ordered 1 min ago..will let you know next week
Rob C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:51 AM   #128
fwayne

GMCPAUL

Thank you! Thank you! I just received and installed your newest precision press-on door seals for my '70 GMC. Perfection. I was installing them on Friday evening, my neighbor came over and was in awe. He owns a custom paint and body shop and had just completed a C10 and had used the old glue-in type. He said thats the last time he'll ever do that on one of these trucks.

My door seals came ready to install. After cleaning off the old residue of the factory seals with a plastic scraper and some help from a wire brush on a drill, I started the door seal install at the upper forward corner. I pressed in a foot or so by hand and tapped it fully in with very light use of a rubber hammer. I progressed rearward first, walking the install in a foot or so at a time, I found it easiest to put the seal against the lip at about a 45 degree angle from the inside of the cab, then rotate it on flush. Then light bumps with my palm to get it to start about 2/3 of the way in. The rubber hammer seated all the joints no sweat. After the rearward portion was done I did the forward side and the seals ended up absolutely matched. I needed to do no trimming or rework.

Note: I did not stretch the seal while installing, and I was careful to seat the seal at all corners and bends without pulling the seal (stretching) I can foresee if someone did this that they would end up with perceived excess material.

The door seals are very very tight. I had to slam the doors to shut them. But after two days in Texas sun and 80 degree temps, the seals have began to relax and form-fit a bit. the doors are tight but getting much closer to a normal. I don't see this as a problem as the seals will continue to relax.

The fit and materials are top notch. This looks like it came off the factory floor. all the edges match the body inside and out.

Great product!
fwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:48 AM   #129
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwayne View Post

The door seals are very very tight. I had to slam the doors to shut them. But after two days in Texas sun and 80 degree temps, the seals have began to relax and form-fit a bit. the doors are tight but getting much closer to a normal. I don't see this as a problem as the seals will continue to relax.

Great product!
2 things that will make the doors easier to close is making sure you cut a angled piece out of each end of the bulbous seal where they meet under the door seal ( this allows trapped air a route to escape and is specified in the Factory service manual for door seal installation in the cab section of your repair manuals ) where the 2 ends meet the angled cuts in bulb portion of the seal should form a inverted V shape= ____/\_____
Also apply armor all or use a rubber lubricate on the bulbous seal to remove the mold release material on the bulbous portion of the seal ( when the rubber is hot it allows a easy release from the metal of the extrusion machines but once cool it actually creates friction on metal to rubber ).
We plan on adding the Precision Weatherstrip Lube to the site in the next week or 2 for those making future purchases. This lube significantly reduces friction between metal & rubber and helps prolong the life of the rubber by keeping it supple as rubber is prone to hardening & cracking over a extended period of time.

THANKS!! for your review. We look forward to any and all reviews as it helps us to better develop our products we bring to market.
Paul Jr. @ GMCPauls
Old 10-14-2016, 10:49 AM   #130
WannaBe68

GMCPAUL,
Sorry if this has been asked and answered already...but do you carry a set of push-on seals for the 3 door Suburbans?
Thanks!
WannaBe68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 07:29 AM   #131
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBe68 View Post
GMCPAUL,
Sorry if this has been asked and answered already...but do you carry a set of push-on seals for the 3 door Suburbans?
Thanks!
Yes we have these arriving next month Available to ship by Mid-Late December Pre-Order Now For Immediate Shipment Upon Arrival Part # 19057318 67-72 Suburban Push-On Door Opening Weatherstrip 3 piece set, 1967-72 Suburban push-on door opening weather-strip set for all 3-Doors with correct 45 & 90 degree molded corners. New push-on style requires no glue to install and can be installed and removed without damage to weatherstrip or surrounding area's. A Glue Less, Push-on Alternative to factory 67-72 door seals. Made specifically for 1967-72 Suburban with ultra-pliable bulb rubber seal for easier door closure and the exposed part of the seal on the inside the cab is much cleaner looking also over stock glue on seals. LIFETIME WARRANTY Manufacturers Suggested Retail $126.00 Our Price $85.00set Pre-Orders before Arrival only $80.00per set
Found on the following page of our web site
http://www.gmcpauls.com/Suburban_-_Panel.htm
We also offer these for the 1967-70 Panel trucks.
Part # 19057319 1967-72 Panel truck push-on door opening weather-strip set for both front doors with correct 45 & 90 degree molded corners. New push-on style requires no glue to install and can be installed and removed without damage to weatherstrip or surrounding area's. A Glue Less, Push-on Alternative to factory 67-72 door seals. Made specifically for 1967-72 Panel trucks with ultra-pliable bulb rubber seal for easier door closure and the exposed part of the seal on the inside the cab is much cleaner looking also over stock glue on seals. LIFETIME WARRANTY Manufacturers Suggested Retail $104.90 Our Price $60.00 per set, Pre-Orders before arrival $55.00 per set

Paul Sr @ GMCPauls

Last edited by GMCPaul; 11-12-2016 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:32 AM   #132
classicham

Sounds like I need a set of these for my 67
classicham is offline   Reply With Quote