The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-13-2016, 11:42 AM   #1
pvtcook

LMC truck parts stinks.

Hey guys. New to the forum. But wanted to share my experience with LMC. I ordered the precut side body molding kit for my 88 K5 got the kit and it only included enough to do the sides and not the tailgate piece. So I gave them a call and ask about it. Told them that I thought a kit would include enough trim to do a complete truck. She looked it up and said that the kit does not include the tailgate piece I also looked and it's not stated anywhere that the tailgate piece is not included in The kit. So after arguing w her I ask for the manager. And he basically said that the vendor that provides that kit didn't include the tailgate piece and that I would need to ordered a rollto complete the truck. That's another $90. However I looked at the kit for the suburban and it has the tailgate piece included for the same price that I paid for mine. Go figure lol. So just wanted to let everyone know if you need a side molding kit don't prefer from LMC.
Posted via Mobile Device
pvtcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 12:48 PM   #2
bbbc10
Diggin The SquareLife

Re: LMC truck parts stinks.

thats where i got mine wth no problems an its great

Last edited by old Rusty C10; 11-13-2016 at 11:43 PM.
bbbc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 01:02 PM   #3
pvtcook

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-13-2016, 01:44 PM   #4
pvtcook

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbc10 View Post
Should have posted it in the k5 section then an not the pickup section
Did you buy the roll or kit for your truck? If you bought the kit and it had the tailgate piece it weird that the Blazer is the only vehicle that it's not included in. The suburban has it too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-13-2016, 09:52 PM   #5
lilpoindexter

I agree with you that lmc sucks.
lilpoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:26 AM   #6
bbbc10
Diggin The SquareLife

I got a pm warning that my that sucks for u comment was harsh an uncalled for which i think is a joke.....an was not intended to be harsh smh ppl are so sensitive.....btw lmc doesnt suck completely just some of the parts like the dash an seat belts
bbbc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:29 AM   #7
Kenfuzed

Is this a LMC problem or an issue with the company who actually makes the product. I'm not familiar with this part but maybe it's just how the manufacturer packages and sells the product to them.

Not doubting you, just wondering if it is the manufacturer is who actually misrepresenting the product if it wasn't made by LMC.

Ken's 1966 C10 build "Red Ale"
Follow on Instgram: @cv_performance
https://instagram.com/cv_performance
Harley Performance Parts: CV Performance (Harley related)
Enjoying the ride!
Kenfuzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:43 AM   #8
pvtcook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenfuzed View Post
Is this a LMC problem or an issue with the company who actually makes the product. I'm not familiar with this part but maybe it's just how the manufacturer packages and sells the product to them.

Not doubting you, just wondering if it is the manufacturer is who actually misrepresenting the product if it wasn't made by LMC.
I think it's a issue w both the vendor and LMC. I think ultimately LMC is at fault. If they are using a vendor that is subpar and they are made aware of it. They should ditch that vendor and make it right for the customer. In business The customer is theoretically always right. What chaps me is now I have to pay to send it back and it came in a huge box. So shipping will be at least another $20-25.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:45 AM   #9
pvtcook

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbc10 View Post
I got a pm warning that my that sucks for u comment was harsh an uncalled for which i think is a joke.....an was not intended to be harsh smh ppl are so sensitive.....btw lmc doesnt suck completely just some of the parts like the dash an seat belts
Yes people are too sensitive. Like the students that needed therapy over the election. Come on. Lol. No offense taken here man.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:08 AM   #10
TKCR

I have used LMC for lots of parts over the last 4 yrs. There is only 1 time that I got parts from them that were scratched up. It was the Billet aluminum dash bezel overlay and Billet door panel & dash inserts. Called them and I had to text pics to them. They replaced all the parts that were damaged and they didn't want the parts back. I was quite pleased with their customer service.

So I believe LMC is not the problem, it's the vendor they used. But I do agree, they should have made it right.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:04 PM   #11
hjewell2

I used LMC once,,,

That was all it took.
hjewell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:50 AM   #12
kell490

LMC is just buying parts from retail vendors and selling them with extra 20% added on. You can go to the same suppliers and buy direct get a better deal. I got burned on a wiring harness they just bought it from american autowire and added $100 to American autowire's retail price re-box and sent it to me I paid an extra $100 over what American Autowire sells it for from their website Summit was $200 cheaper. They just put everything in a nice catalog so you can find everything in one place that's what your paying for.

Last edited by kell490; 11-13-2017 at 10:55 AM.
kell490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:27 AM   #13
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
LMC is just buying parts from retail vendors and selling them with extra 20% added on. You can go to the same suppliers and buy direct get a better deal. I got burned on a wiring harness they just bought it from american autowire and added $100 to American autowire's retail price re-box and sent it to me I paid an extra $100 over what American Autowire sells it for from their website Summit was $200 cheaper. They just put everything in a nice catalog so you can find everything in one place that's what your paying for.
That is true in some cases. But that's not LMC's fault. People should do their research on the parts they want before buying, to see where they can get the same part cheaper. I do this with just about everything I buy, not just truck parts.
When I redid my interior, I made a list of the parts I wanted/needed. I then searched each part to compare prices and shipping. Wrote everything down, then when it was time to start purchasing, my list told me where to shop.

When it comes to certain parts though, they are "Exclusive" to certain places. For example: Grille Bow tie, GM has Authorized the exact reproduction of the original emblem. LMC doesn't have it, but Classic Industries and a few other places do. And vise versa: LMC has the narrow tailgate band, but no one else has it.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:07 PM   #14
kell490

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
That is true in some cases. But that's not LMC's fault. People should do their research on the parts they want before buying, to see where they can get the same part cheaper. I do this with just about everything I buy, not just truck parts.
When I redid my interior, I made a list of the parts I wanted/needed. I then searched each part to compare prices and shipping. Wrote everything down, then when it was time to start purchasing, my list told me where to shop.

When it comes to certain parts though, they are "Exclusive" to certain places. For example: Grille Bow tie, GM has Authorized the exact reproduction of the original emblem. LMC doesn't have it, but Classic Industries and a few other places do. And vise versa: LMC has the narrow tailgate band, but no one else has it.
I agree that I should have done more research I have never seen a online re-seller add $100 to MSRP price of a well known aftermarket manufacture I would have no problem paying what american auto wire sells from their website I don't expect to pay LMC the price Summit sells it for which was $50 under MSRP LMC was $150 over Summit price.
kell490 is offline   Reply With Quote