The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #76
leddzepp

Re: GMC paul door seals are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chvy2NV View Post
I'll be placing an order for my 67 real soon.. Paul could you do the \/ cut prior to shipping them out ?
They are in a sealed package that is drop shipped from a warehouse. After you install them it will take you all of 30 seconds to cut a V channel in them.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #77
Chvy2NV

Anyone have a pic of where the cut is made? Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Chvy2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #78
Portmod7

I got some of these for my truck. Just installed them last night, WOW, what a breeze... Years ago I put a set if the glue-on types on a truck and I'll never do it again. These slide on easy, and do not fall off. I was impressed at how they conformed to the tight corner at the top of the door.

The only problem I have is the doors don't want to shut. But, the ends of the stripping are butted up flush right now, I'll try cutting a notch out of them to see if it helps. Other than that, these things are AWESOME.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #79
GMCPaul

These are not drop shipped we ship them direct from our warehouse in Indiana. they do come to us pre-packaged though. It only takes a few seconds with a pair of side cuts or a razor knife to cut the bulb portion of seal at either end where they meet under the door sill plate. DEFINATELY MAKE THIS CUT, by cutting it it tnen allows the seal to properly release the trapped air when closing the door. SO DO NOT JUST BUTT THE ENDS TOGETHER WITHOUT CUTTING THEM unless you want your doors to close HARD.
GM instructs you in the 67-72 Truck Service Manuals to also perform this cut when installing the seals even if there is a minor gap where ends meet and they also state the reason for this is to provide air passage.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #80
Chvy2NV

Hmm. Mike seems to have this issue with Cloud9. I wonder if he is aware of the notch.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #81
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
These are not drop shipped we ship them direct from our warehouse in Indiana. they do come to us pre-packaged though. It only takes a few seconds with a pair of side cuts or a razor knife to cut the bulb portion of seal at either end where they meet under the door sill plate. DEFINATELY MAKE THIS CUT, by cutting it it tnen allows the seal to properly release the trapped air when closing the door. SO DO NOT JUST BUTT THE ENDS TOGETHER WITHOUT CUTTING THEM unless you want your doors to close HARD.
GM instructs you in the 67-72 Truck Service Manuals to also perform this cut when installing the seals even if there is a minor gap where ends meet and they also state the reason for this is to provide air passage.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
When I bought mine they came from one of your warehouses in California...that is why I had to pay sales tax as well ... just sayin'

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #82
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
When I bought mine they came from one of your warehouses in California...that is why I had to pay sales tax as well ... just sayin'
No, the seals ship from Wis. to us in Indiana,
we then ship All the seals from the Indiana warehouse. We have to charge CA. residents what Calif. refers to as Use Tax because rather than have to pay shipping on many of the heavy & large items that we get from West coast suppliers we instead lease space in a CA. suppliers warehouse and ship these items from the West coast. Since we lease space they consider us to have a presence in the state so we have to collect Calif. use tax on Everything sold and shipped to a customer in Calif. whether it ships from in Calif. or if it comes from Indiana, Texas, Virginia, Mich. etc..
We do try to make sure as much as possible ships from within CA to our CA customers to speed delivery but since we don't get these seals from CA we don't ship them there as that would add to costs not reduce them which is what we are trying to achieve while also speeding delivery.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
Old 12-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #83
leddzepp

Quote:
No, the seals ship from Wis. to us in Indiana,
we then ship All the seals from the Indiana warehouse. We have to charge CA. residents what Calif. refers to as Use Tax because rather than have to pay shipping on many of the heavy & large items that we get from West coast suppliers we instead lease space in a CA. suppliers warehouse and ship these items from the West coast. Since we lease space they consider us to have a presence in the state so we have to collect Calif. use tax on Everything sold and shipped to a customer in Calif. whether it ships from in Calif. or if it comes from Indiana, Texas, Virginia, Mich. etc..
We do try to make sure as much as possible ships from within CA to our CA customers to speed delivery but since we don't get these seals from CA we don't ship them there as that would add to costs not reduce them which is what we are trying to achieve while also speeding delivery.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
Well, however it works, I end up paying both shipping and sales tax....I have never had to do that when buying anything else from a vendor that is located out of state. Unfortunately now I have to go with other vendors, as paying both tax and shipping makes things cost prohibitive.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
Old 12-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #84
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
Well, however it works, I end up paying both shipping and sales tax....I have never had to do that when buying anything else from a vendor that is located out of state. Unfortunately now I have to go with other vendors, as paying both tax and shipping makes things cost prohibitive.
We fully understand. We have to do it this way though otherwise we risk being sued like Amazon is and some of the other online sales companies that sell a product then ship from a warehouse lease or a suppliers warehouse located in the same state as the customer and then do not collect and remit that state sales or use tax.
Paul Sr @ GMCPauls
Old 01-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #85
special-K
Special Order

States are getting greedy on tax,bottom line. It's as if they think they're the only ones having a tough time in this economy. They take from those who pay them. These days they are going after swap meets and flea markets for sales tax from non-business individuals who are trying to make ends meet selling items for less than they paid and already paid sales tax on. Now my state wants to add a 10 cent per gallon fuel tax. That'll really help the economy...yeah right. Like they say,"Don't steal,the gov't hates the competition". Bottom line,don't blame businesses for abiding by the rules imposed upon them. Shipping costs money wherever it comes from and that's the money you save waiting at home for it. I'm buying paint soon and will be looking to buy a set of these,whatever the cost,solely based on fit,quality,ease of installation,and mostly a great reputation

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #86
~Whitey~

What is the part number for these push on door seals? Didn't see the number listed anywhere in this thread and want to be 100% sure I get the right ones.

Is this them on this page?
http://www.gmcpauls.com/door_parts2.htm

67-72 Door Opening Weather Strip - Pair
67-72 Door Opening Weather Strip with mitered corner Correct Style And Fit. Just Like Originals Sold and Priced In Pairs. Attaches to cab to seal door to cab opening when door is shut.

the description doesn't say anything about them being push on or having a metal strip in them.

Last edited by ~Whitey~; 02-22-2013 at 05:21 PM.
~Whitey~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #87
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69swb View Post
What is the part number for these push on door seals? Didn't see the number listed anywhere in this thread and want to be 100% sure I get the right ones.

Is this them on this page?

67-72 Door Opening Weather Strip - Pair
67-72 Door Opening Weather Strip with mitered corner Correct Style And Fit. Just Like Originals Sold and Priced In Pairs. Attaches to cab to seal door to cab opening when door is shut.

the description doesn't say anything about them being push on or having a metal strip in them.
You cut and pasted only a portion of the description for the part in question you were asking about, below is the full description and last line explains that these require glue to install.

67-72 Door Opening Weather Strip Pair
Part # 139684
67-72 Door opening weather strip, correct style and fit just like originals. Highest quality available, sold and priced in pairs. LIFETIME WARRANTY To Original Purchaser Manufactured By Precision. Requires 3M weatherstrip glue or similar to install. $30.95

67-72 Push-On Door Opening Weatherstrip
RATED #1 By Our Customers Over Original Style Glue On Door Seals Pair
Part # 2660241
1967-72 Door door opening weatherstrip attaches to cab and seals door to cab, sold in pairs. A Glue Less, Push-on Alternative to factory 67-72 door seals. These push on, and will conform to the stock 45 degree mitered corner above the vent window assembly. And the more bulbous seal, seals tighter than 67-72 factory replacement seals , the exposed part of the seal on the inside the cab is much cleaner looking also. For Pickup doors only. LIFETIME WARRANTY To Original Purchaser Manufactured By Precision. $49.95

So the correct part # for the push-on door opening weatherstrip is
these are located directly below the glue on original style that you asked about.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
Old 02-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #88
~Whitey~

Thanks Paul, I was looking under door parts and on that page

the push ons are not listed, however the glue on ones part#139684 are listed but do not say whether they are glue on.

Then on this page http://www.gmcpauls.com/Pickup.htm
They are listed as you say, stating they are glue on...
Anyway just a heads up you might want to fix that on the door_parts2 page.

Thanks again for pointing me to the right part and number for the push on version of them. Part# 2660241

Jimmy
Old 02-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #89
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69swb View Post
Thanks Paul, I was looking under door parts and on that page

the push ons are not listed, however the glue on ones part#139684 are listed but do not say whether they are glue on.

Then on this page http://www.gmcpauls.com/Pickup.htm
They are listed as you say, stating they are glue on...
Anyway just a heads up you might want to fix that on the door_parts2 page.

Thanks again for pointing me to the right part and number for the push on version of them. Part# 2660241

Jimmy
Thanks for the heads up on that page only saying they were like original and not stating they were glue on, the page has been edited to show these are a glue on door seal and we've added the push-on style to that page also.
Thanks Again!!
Paul
Old 02-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #90
~Whitey~

Thank you Paul, ordering my set now.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #91
newbe351

I didn't read through all four pages of this thread (probably should), but I think that I read somewhere in the 60-66 pages that these can be used on the 60-66 trucks even though they are not listed as such. Can these be used on the 60-66 trucks and will they hide the ugly black mess my painter left behind trying to glue on the LMC/Brothers/whatever door seals that were just installed? Whatever he used for glue softened the paint around the door seals and now the seals are pulling away leaving a black slimy mess.......
newbe351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #92
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbe351 View Post
I didn't read through all four pages of this thread (probably should), but I think that I read somewhere in the 60-66 pages that these can be used on the 60-66 trucks even though they are not listed as such. Can these be used on the 60-66 trucks and will they hide the ugly black mess my painter left behind trying to glue on the LMC/Brothers/whatever door seals that were just installed? Whatever he used for glue softened the paint around the door seals and now the seals are pulling away leaving a black slimy mess.......
We've had several dozen customers purchase these seals for the 60-66 trucks and all that have responded regarding fit & finish have been very pleased. If you read through the first 2-3 pages on this post you'll see where a few of these owners have replied regarding these such as

ChewyChevy67 saying
Quote-
yes i used these on my 67 and my 64. they are a hare tight on the 64 but should break in just fine. better than anything else ive tried and i aint using the glue on's ever again. there just a mess. End Quote

But we do not market these for the 60-66 door opening weatherstrips as I myself thought that the door close just a little hard when installed on the 60-66 trucks. So if you wish to purchase these for a 60-66 you will need to visit our 67-72 parts section and click on the Rubber & Weatherstrip link then click on Pickup. Once your on that page you'll find our 67-72 Glue on style listed just above the push-on version that requires no glue.
Paul @ GMCPauls
Paul @ GMCPauls
Old 04-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #93
newbe351

Thanks Paul,

I did go back and read all four pages after I commented, but it was too late to edit my post. My doors shut really, really hard now with whatever seals are in there (will have to check for the gap at the ends under the door sill) and they are pulling away and leaving quite a mess. For $49, I think I will try the 67 push-on seals.

Thanks again for the response.....
newbe351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #94
BugzC10

Thumbs up Re: GMC paul door seals are great!

I agree...the push on door seals are fantastic. Super easy install, great fit. My truck had pretty decent looking seals, but had to slam the doors. Refurbished my hinges and doors, installed GMCPauls seals. Could not be happier.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #95
greystoke

Hey Paul,
What's the best way to get these seals over the lip at the bottom of the door, this lip in nearly a quarter inch wide and there's very little space between it's edge and cab floor on my dad's 71. Hopefully you can see what I'm referring to in the image
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=305629
greystoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #96
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by greystoke View Post
Hey Paul,
What's the best way to get these seals over the lip at the bottom of the door, this lip in nearly a quarter inch wide and there's very little space between it's edge and cab floor on my dad's 71. Hopefully you can see what I'm referring to in the image
The problem is the cab was repaired incorrectly as the gap between rocker & floor edge should be 7/16"-1/2"
So your floor is either protruding 3/16'-1/4" or the rocker top edge is pulled in that far. You might try crimping the top edge of the rocker lip slightly to gain any additional clearance needed to install them.
Paul ( owner ) @ GMCPauls
Old 07-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #97
greystoke

Thanks for your response, we didn't repair the cab but someone probably did. We trimmed a little of that edge off and were able to get the seals on with no issues.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=305629
greystoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #98
RPIcka

I wish I could try these out. Can GMCPaul please contact me as all my emails have gone in answered
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #99
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPIcka View Post
I wish I could try these out. Can GMCPaul please contact me as all my emails have gone in answered
Posted via Mobile Device
We are not ignoring your emails. WE DO NOT IGNORE EMAILS EVER.
If you are not getting a reply its got to be 1 of 2-3 things.
#1 For some reason we are not receiving the email.
Try using someone else's email to contact us that uses a different email provider
#2 Or you have a email account where if you do not pre-approve those emailing you the person you email after they reply receives a email from your provider they must then fill out a form to seek your approval to reply. we do not EVER fill out the form in this case.
Try using someone else's email to contact us that uses a different email provider
#3 We are replying but your email provider rejects our email.
i notice your Canada so if you want to know do we ship outside the USA, the answer would be no.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #100
Chvy2NV

Great info Paul.

Quote:
The problem is the cab was repaired incorrectly as the gap between rocker & floor edge should be 7/16"-1/2"
So your floor is either protruding 3/16'-1/4" or the rocker top edge is pulled in that far. You might try crimping the top edge of the rocker lip slightly to gain any additional clearance needed to install them.
Posted via Mobile Device