The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-19-2017, 08:51 PM   #1
Hack71

Unhappy Secret Audio SRMS

I bought a Secret Audio SRMS radio and installed it under the seat so far I'm not impressed, the remote seems cheap and overly large, I couldn't get it to work properly, I called customer service and they ran me thru a few checks remote still didn't respond correctly, they said to send the remote and antenna to them for service. It took 2 weeks to receive the items back which I thought was pretty fast considering shipping time! They sent me a new remote and antenna but stated they found nothing wrong with the old one! I installed the new remote antenna and could not get it to learn or respond to the main unit, very frustrating I reset and programed it again still nothing. I removed the whole unit and sent it all back now I'm waiting again, I don't know how this will end but I am regretting purchasing this so far. I wanted to keep the original radio and have all modern radio options. I'm thinkin I should have had someone convert my am radio.
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2017, 09:51 AM   #2
engineer_gregh

Re: Secret Audio SRMS

Just a suggestion; smartphone and a JBL Flip3 or Charge3 bluetooth speaker. If you want to spend extra use two of the JBL's and they will link. Incredible sound and completely portable, important to me as I own several older trucks and cars.
1975 K5 4x4 full convertible

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=645165

Greg Smyrna TN
engineer_gregh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:59 AM   #3
Andy4639
Old member

Lightbulb Re: Secret Audio SRMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer_gregh View Post
Just a suggestion; smartphone and a JBL Flip3 or Charge3 bluetooth speaker. If you want to spend extra use two of the JBL's and they will link. Incredible sound and completely portable, important to me as I own several older trucks and cars.
Hack71,
sorry don't mean to Hijack your thread.

engineer-gregh can you pm some more info please.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:16 AM   #4
engineer_gregh

I got my Flip3 for $75 from Walmart but the Amazon page lists all of the speakers from JBL that will link together. I'm going to get the Charge3 to use with my Flip3.
Attached Images

1975 K5 4x4 full convertible

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=645165

Greg Smyrna TN
engineer_gregh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:56 AM   #5
67 chevelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer_gregh View Post
Excellent idea , and will work in garage , Custom auto sound is on my s-list , believe it or not the hidden audio was the best product I ever used from them , their indash stuff is horrible . For indash , retrosound has worked well for me , but I like the JBL speaker idea as I like to use my amazon prime music app
69 Long Fleet , Custom , 6.0, 4l60 , AC , Medium Olive
67 chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:50 PM   #6
Ed F

I have a JBL Charge 3 that I use in both trucks and 3 boats. Didn't know you can link more to it, I might try that. The sound is great and I put it on top of the seat back in the trucks. I link it to Pandora or XM. Highly recommended
Ed F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:15 PM   #7
67 chevelle

The other thing I would ad , forgot to mention , is that the model I had was different than the model you have pictured , the remote was smaller and could mount in various places
69 Long Fleet , Custom , 6.0, 4l60 , AC , Medium Olive
67 chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:28 AM   #8
Hack71

Smile Re: Secret Audio SRMS

Thanks for the info!
Old 03-06-2017, 10:43 PM   #9
Hack71

Thumbs down Re: Secret Audio SRMS

** Update**
Received my radio back today and was excited to install it,
Installed the radio and did not work! I thought I must be doing something wrong, you would think they tested the radio before they shipped back to me. I called Custom Audio Sound they will be shipping me a new one out today, What a let down! the turn around each time is 2 weeks which I don't think is bad, except they haven't fixed it yet! This is their last chance to make it work. I'm ready to go a different direction! I'll update when I receive a new unit.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:58 PM   #10
Hack71

Unhappy Re: Secret Audio SRMS

More discouraging info! March 14 received a new unit, deck only, no remote. I installed it and attempted to pair the remote and it would not pair. I called Custom audio Sound and told them my problems, they told me to bypass ignition power and go straight to the battery, their thought was I had bad or poor power, I have verified that I have good power, good ground and all the speakers are wired correctly, but to entertain them I did what they asked....still does not work with the remote!! I sent everything back and told them to verify that all components work with each other before they send it to me. what a waste! I sent everything back March 15th. Waiting with no hope!
Old 05-09-2017, 09:55 PM   #11
Hack71

I received the unit back, Custom Audio Sound stated they had the unit hooked up and operating for 4 days. I installed it and guess what....it didn't work. Very frustrated, thinking I'm not this stupid am I? Angered by all of this I pulled the unit out and went to Walmart picked up a $100.00 Sony with a remote, installed it in the same location same wiring etc. Works great! plug and play simply amazing!! I packaged up the SRMS unit and sent it back.
I do not want another one.. ever!! If a product is this poorly made, difficult to program or operate it should not be on the market. I asked them to exchange for a dash mount radio no remote, we will see what they say. They have attempted to correct these issues and turn around time including shipping has been under 2 weeks each time. I will update when I hear from them.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:55 PM   #12
Dan in Pasadena

Did a search on Secret Audio and this thread came up. I just received the SST model with wired remote and of course the smaller wireless round remote, not the one pictured above.

The guy wiring my truck swears by these. He warned me off the type that fit my very small stock '55.2 Task Force factory dash opening/ he says theyre all Chinese made and of poor quality. But this thread has me REALLY concerned I'll have problems. I also bought the optional Bluetooth so I can use my iPhone in my truck.

Hopefully my experience will be dramatically better than yours, Hack 71. Wish me luck, or at least pity me!

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:20 PM   #13
Hack71

Red face Re: Secret Audio SRMS

Update, This has been time consuming and frustrating. I really wanted this product to work. After a very long time sending the unit back and forth several times I said no more. I asked if they could send me their in dash unit "Slide Bar" radio instead, and they did. I received the slide bar radio, installed it and it works. I now can listen to the radio when I'm cruising around. I will say they tried to make this right but it simply did not happen.
I liked the idea of the secret audio and the remote control, dollar for dollar this was a very poor investment. I did not want to cut my dash and there wasn't many choices out there. I think that their product is cheaply made and they charge premium money for it. I understand these are specialty radios designed to fit cars that don't exist anymore and for that I will pay more.
Custom Audio Sound did stand behind their product and I did get a radio from that worked properly. That is the good the bad and the ugly of my experience!